pkingara

Reaction score
After back to back promotions from Conference to the Premier League, my tactic has stopped working. Every time I lose I get the "X refuses to experiment tactic". Is it a setting within the game to stop you using a plug n play tactic?

Has anyone encountered this?

I didn't know such a message exists, but it seems logical, because I tend to often change the tactic, and when I win I see the message "springing tactical surprise" and "tinkering manager" thing.

I think is boring to use the same tactic every game, over and over. Try to change just one position of a player, to make your tactic look different. You can alter only the formation.

Yeah, I think I'll do a few games with a different tactic. Although, feel like I'll keep losing still if it isn't a great one...

Mainly reluctant because it is my own tactic not one I've downloaded and has worked so well this year.

Thanks

The more successful team you have the more teams will change to cope, of course a tactic will eventually stop working. A team is now expecting a higher level rep team, so will adjust their tactics to suit. Defend deeper, play on the counter etc. The fact its lasted 4-5 seasons is longer than usual.

After back to back promotions from Conference to the Premier League, my tactic has stopped working. Every time I lose I get the "X refuses to experiment tactic". Is it a setting within the game to stop you using a plug n play tactic?

Has anyone encountered this?
It's simply a message that pops up because you've used the same tactic. That's all there is to it. You see the same thing in the media IRL. Don't change it if you don't want to. You're the manager, not the journalists.