Regaining My Reputation A Fiorentina Story

Chriswin4

Reaction score
Hey guys this is my first FM story so please be kind, and also im sorry if anybody else has a fiorentina story going on in these forums but i hope ours will be dissimilar. Here goes.

7th July 2009
I awoke again in a puddle of alcohol stained vomit, to the sound of the television blaring and the smoke alarm going off in my apartment. I sighed; sometimes I wished not to wake up as my life was so miserable, football was everything to me but all that had been taken away in a moment of madness.
17th May 2008
I stood at the edge of the dugout, lit a cigar and watched my team kick off their first game as newly crowned champions of the Bundesliga 2. I had my shot at the big time, going to places like Bayern Munich, Stuttgart and I couldn’t wait. The game finished a drab 0-0 draw but we were happy. As I gripped that large silver trophy, my only thought was I could get used to this.
7th July 2009
I staggered up and washed my face, I was a mess, I didn’t know how it had happened but I was a complete disgrace, My drinking had lost me my friends and my family, I was dragged out of my pit of self pity by the sound of the beautiful presenter on Sky Italia, you know something is wrong when the highlight of your day is hearing a female presenters voice.

SKY_Italia.jpg

*BREAKING NEWS*
Fiorentina boss sensationally leaves the club after bust up with chairman. More as we get it

Sky Italia-We can now confirm that Fiorentina Boss Siniša Mihajlović has left the club with immediate effect, and Fiorentina will be looking for a new manager. The Fiorentina chairman was quick to defend his actions after angry supporters of the club protested, however he assured a successor within the next 24 hours.
Sky Italia-We can now go live to James Richardson who has some more news on this story. Good afternoon James, what can you tell us?
JR- Well guys there is a sense of shock hanging over the Stadio Artemio Franchi, with nobody quite understanding what went on, the rumour is that half way through a training session Mihajlovic was called in by the chairman to discuss the plans for next season and he wasn’t too happy with the transfer budget he had to work with, and now that is the early story and no doubt we will have updates on that but all we know for now is Fiorentina are without a manager.
Sky Italia-Thanks James and here is the potential shortlist and odds for the next Fiorentina manager,
Ruud Gullit- 16-1
Frank Rijkaard-8-1
Gianfranco Zola-4-1
Slaven Bilic-7-1
And the bookies favourite
Berndt Schuster-Even

I thought to myself, another football manager unemployed, I felt sorry for Mihajlovic because I knew how hard it was to work on a low budget, and he had just worked miracles to get Fiorentina again into the Champions League.
18th May 2008
I woke up stinking of wine and nuts. I didn’t care, I could afford to have a few days rest before I started preparing for next season. As I got up I felt a sharp tingling sensation in my right hand and I looked at it, it was covered in blood and I wasn’t sure whose it was because I was sure I wasn’t bleeding anywhere. I switched on the sports news and yellow bar was running across the bottom of the screen, my vision was quite blurry and I couldn’t quite make out what it said for a few seconds but then I realised it said Gladbach manager Chris Winterburn sacked with immediate effect. I was stunned and picked up my phone, I had 23 missed calls. 20 of them being from my chairman and 3 being from my best mate Dwight. As I rang the chairman he answered in his usual aggressive rough manner, I asked why I had been sacked and he said surely you remember, I hastily replied no as I needed an explanation. Your behaviour at the end of season party last night was a disgrace, not only did u tarnish the reputation of the club but you showed that alcohol and yourself don’t mix. You had uncountable amounts to drink and you ended up in a fight with the club captain. I don’t see that as professional behaviour as he was just trying to help you to your taxi. I’m sorry about this but your days as Gladbach manager are over and the way you behaved you’ll be lucky if you ever get back into football management.
Il update you as it happens :)

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

14th July 2009
The vibrations went through my table as for the first time in months my phone rang. I was slow to answer as I was quite enjoying the Kaiser chiefs playing as my ringtone. However as I picked up the phone I saw the number had been hidden, this made me slightly apprehensive to answering, but answer I did and I was about to get a huge shock. “Buongiorno, have I reached Mr Chris Winterburn.” “Yes you have, can I ask who is calling what it regards.”Oh where are my manners, I am Diego Della Valle and I think I have a job for you, meet me at La Plaza de Firenze this evening at 6pm sharp, dress nice and do not be late Ciao.” As the phone went dead I was stunned, I decided the first thing I should do was Google this man to make sure he wasn’t a con artist. When I loaded up Google on my laptop I typed in Diego Della Valle, when I saw the first result I was absolutely stunned, it was a BBC news article saying Fiorentina Owner Diego Della Valle begins search for new Fiorentina manager. I decided to get ready for the meeting now even though it was a good 7 hours away but when you have been this long without a job you want to be ready.
As the 6pm meeting time drew ever close I popped in a few breath mints to hide the stench of Beer from the evening before, I knew if I got this job those days were over. I stood at the Plaza and ordered a glass of water and went and sat down. A limousine pulled up outside and out stepped a middle aged made wearing designer spectacles and a jacked with the Fiorentina badge embroider onto the breast pocket. I shook his hands and we started to discuss football in General really, he knew I was a huge Manchester United Fan and I still hadn’t quite got over that defeat to Barcelona in Rome but we didn’t dwell on that too much. He spoke in perfect Italian to his associates at the table and struggled to speak English to me using his translator frequently. As the time went on it got to about 11pm and we still hadn’t discussed the Job. He got up, I presumed he was headed to the Bathroom but he grabbed his coat and started to walk off to the Limo I wanted to shout to him about the job but he didn’t look back, had this meeting been some kind of windup. I was about to go and catch up with him when he turned and clicked his fingers, I want you to be the next manager of Fiorentina you start tomorrow. He shouted Ciao and drifted off into Italian Night.

I sat awake in my bed and I couldn’t believe what had happened, I had given myself several bruises to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. I finally had my chance to get back into football. I knew the Fiorentina squad quite well from my football manager days, but the only player I knew first hand was Adrian Mutu from his time at Chelsea.
I flicked Sky Sport Italia on my cheap TV and there was breaking news
Sky Italia Sources believe Fiorentina to hold press conference today at 1pm to announce new manager, as I read that my phone vibrated it was from Della Valle, It said Come down to Artemio Franchi and 12:30pm and be ready to answer questions.
As I stepped out onto the field in my newly made Fiorentina scarf I was met with shock and dismay as the fans were expecting someone a little more well known. I clapped and acknowledged the fans who appreciated me but I could sense the surprise from the fans. I then had microphones thrust into my face and I didn’t quite know how to deal with this, a lot different from the small media attention back in Gladbach. Della Valle answered most of the questions and after the press conference he said, The staff are happy to stay if you feel you need to bring anyone in then do so. You have a transfer Budget of 10 million Euros and can afford to play 1million euro more a week on wages. Good luck

Thanks man, theyll be an update soon with all the pre season transfers reviewed.​

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

I knew straight away who my first signing would be, he had been a close friend for years and even worked with me when I coach at Gladbach, however I hadn’t spoken to him since those days and I hope my drinking wouldn’t have turned him against me although I wouldn’t be surprised. I rang him and he answer with his familiar joy and good humour, we talked about our lives in General for about an hour and then he said “so I see your back in football then,” I replied with “well that why I rang, I want you to become my assistant manager, will you do it.” He took a second to reply and then he shouted down the phone “ I’m surprised you had to ask man of course ill do it, I’ll fly to Italy straight away, Keep well man,” “ you to Dwight.”

SKY_Italia.jpg

*BREAKING NEWS*
Winterburn makes first signing. More to come
Sky Sport Italia can confirm that new Fiorentina boss Chris Winterburn has made his first signing, making close personal friend Dwight Yorke his assistant manager.

SKY_Italia.jpg
Firenze set to bid for Edin Dzeko. With new manager Chris Winterburn already adding Dwight Yorke to his staff, he looks poised to make a move for Bundesliga Star Edin Dzeko for a fee reported to be in the region of 28.8 million Euros. More news on this as it happens
SKY_Italia.jpg

*BREAKING NEWS* Fiorentina have bid accepted by Wolfsburg for Edin Dzeko.
We now go live to James Richardson who is stood outside the Fiorentina training ground.

SKY ITALIA-James do you have any news on the Dzeko deal
JR-No I don’t, it’s come as a bit of a surprise to everyone but what a coup that would be for Fiorentina. However the general feeling is that this would be a sideways step for Dzeko as he would be moving from Wolfsburg to a team of similar reputation in Fiorentina, it’s a mystery to everyone but the Fiorentina fans will be delirious at this signing.

looks good mate try using a different font if u want check out this thread for better lay outs.....The life and career of a Football manager

SKY_Italia.jpg

*DZEKO REJECTS FIORENTINA*
Winterburn’s summer signing plans are in ruins as main deal Dzeko turns down the chance to join Fiorentina saying he wants to stay at Wolfsburg until a really big club such as Manchester United comes along. He thanks Winterburn for his interest but was never going to consider joining.

20th August 2009
I walked into my office and thought to myself, I think we have a chance this year. I had signed four players
Ayila Yussuf-4.5Million Solid at the back
Welliton- 9.5Million a great striker destined to score a lot of goals this season
Alessandro Rosina-6.5Million A talented AMC looking to get back into Italian football after move to Zenit didn’t work out
Thomas Necid-Young Czech striker will provide backup for Mutu and Welliton
However I also Sold
Santana to Palermo-8million
And Marchionni- Loan to Real Madrid with 8 million to make it permanent
We beat Lyon in the first leg of Champions league qualifying a 2-0 win a home, next its the first game of the season at Home to Inter Milan

I took my seat in the dugout, I was confident we could beat Inter. However we had to be careful of their counter attack with Milito and Eto’o having the ability to drift behind defenders.
We were beaten 3-1. I couldn’t believe it we had been awful to start allowing sneijder to score after 1 minute and then we pulled level controlled the game from there and still lost 3-1. Very disappointing. We go to France on wednesday needing To defend a 2-0 lead.

Next Update will be in a months Game time

My Champions league group, the group of Death Fiorentina are drawn with holders FC Barcelona, being a United supporter a personal score to settle for me there, AZ Alkmaar and Copenhagen
August and September
Home to Lyon
2-0 Winners
Home to Inter
3-1 Losers
Away To Lyon
1-1 Draw
Away at Napoli
3-0 Winners
Home to Chievo
2-0 Winners
Home To AZ
1-0 Winners
Away at Bologna
1-1 Draw
Home to Livorno
1-0 Winners
Away at Copenhagen
1-0 Winners
So at the end of the month, I’m going well and as we head into October Fiorentina 6th in Serie A, 5 points behind Juventus, also 2nd in my Champions League group level on Points with Barcelona. Expect some twists in the near future.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

I was walking back to the office, a 2-1 defeat away at Udinese left me quite despondent. I couldn’t see where we had gone, wrong. The only positive I could extract from the dismal performance was the first goal from Necid. As I was taking my office key out of my walled, I saw the light on in the away changing room, this was strange as it was far past locking up time. I opened the door and as I did so I saw the most unbelievable sights I had ever seen in the world of football.

Great start mate its hard to get a first person story to work :D

Adrian Mutu was sitting slouched up against the bench, crying. He was screaming something in Romanian. I was initially confused, he had recently been injured and hadn’t yet been able to play this season, but it was at this point I realised what had happened. I saw an empty pill bottle overturned on the desk. I quickly grabbed the bottle, painkillers and they were empty. I knew what happened. Mutu from his injury had taken these and now couldn’t stop. I knew he had previously had his drug problems and i knew he lived for football, which if anybody found out about this he would no longer be able to play. I was furious, i knew what this would mean for the lad and for my reputation. I needed to think fast, i had a choice to make, inform the FA and end Mutu’s career and again tarnish my newly rebuilt reputation, or i could let this one slide and not mention it, essentially pretend i didn’t see anything. I made my choice, i wasn’t proud of it but i knew it was necessary. I said to Mutu. Listen i know how much you have tried to fight this and how much you are ashamed of it, i think you need a fresh start and thats why im not going to report this but in return im placing you on the transfer list. I hope you can get out of your habits and good luck in the future, but promise me you wont let this happen again. Ştiu, am obiceiul seful I walked out of the room feeling a deep sense of shame.

it can also mean Boss. Thats what its meant to say, I know, i wont boss

I'm loving the whole reality thing. What can really happen to a Football manager. Keep it up. It's kinda like Dream Team ;)