• Dont have an opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cbrown1987

Reaction score
im not sure about anyone else, but for me, i'm pretty dissapointed in braca making us pay 4.99 for a license for something thats always been available to the fm community, yes, maybe it is hard work and effort to make this editor, but charging people for something thats always been available to the community free of charge is wrong, not to mention its 3rd party. i however refuse to pay for this addon, but i like to keep the game as updated as much as i can as i go along, this however, ruins this experience for me. now im sure others are thinking the same, ive seen alot complain because they too dont think braca should charge us for it all of the sudden, or people dont have an international card to use to pay for it, i would however be willing doante around 1 euro, but not 4.99.
when theres a future update, it wont even work anyway, so we wouldnt be getting our moneys worth.

what is everyone elses opinion on this matter? id love to hear what the fm community has to say about this....

I'm pretty sure you only have to donate 1 euro, that's what it was last year and once you've paid you don't ever have to again.

its changed now, or i would do it straight away, it says 4.99 for a license key

We only have to pay through PayPal and no other ways to pay through.

Wrong forum for one but yeah sucks a little if you're someone who does use it. Making them pay 4.99 which it is now is a bit of a **** move forcing people to pay to use a third party bit of software, can see why he's done it though.

It's simple market economics, there is a market out there and people are willing to pay, you cannot really blaming them for exploiting that, as annoying as it may be. It's worth noting that a large percentage of users will be young and are able to pay in cash at the local store for a copy of the game, but have no access to make an online transaction such as this.

It's similar with Genie Scout really, and the whole system of an advance copy for those who donate and ad-free access. Last year, when Eugene announced about his young family and the donation scheme, I made quite a sizeable donation in respect for the work that he had done. However, that apparently seems to count for nothing this year, I've got to donate all over again. If I hadn't made such a big donation last time I'd probably be less irked, but I guess that is my fault.

Im fairly sure there was a code some people used to get a discount? I don't know from what to what but I'm 85% sure its a thing

Difference with Genie scout is that it still remains useful for those that either don't want to or just can't donate. FMRTE has been completely stripped of everything unless you pay for the full thing.

Sigh, this again?

yes, maybe it is hard work and effort to make this editor, but charging people for something thats always been available to the community free of charge is wrong,

Why? Each year he devotes more and more time to making FMRTE. His hours spent making it and updating it must number into the thousands. Just because it was free before shouldn't change anything. Essentially what you're saying is if he always charged for it you wouldn't give a ****.

not to mention its 3rd party.

So what?

now im sure others are thinking the same, ive seen alot complain because they too dont think braca should charge us for it all of the sudden, or people dont have an international card to use to pay for it, i would however be willing doante around 1 euro, but not 4.99.

Don't get it then. It's a luxury, not a necessity.

when theres a future update, it wont even work anyway, so we wouldnt be getting our moneys worth.

He'll update it, obviously.

Difference with Genie scout is that it still remains useful for those that either don't want to or just can't donate. FMRTE has been completely stripped of everything unless you pay for the full thing.

Yeah that's not the crack. I have the free one, works just like Genie scout, you just cant edit anything.

Those poll results are a ******* turn up for the books.

If you don't want to pay for it, make it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.