rrj2415

Reaction score
i have never really looked for a certain players regen before and i am new to this. after winning the league and fa cup in my first season i have noticed that players like ronaldinho, drogba, totti etc have retired and therefore thieir regens will be in the game soon, and with ronaldinho and totti i am pretty sure their regens will be in the brazillian leagues and italian leagues respectively, but is this a rule, will it be guaranteed? also for drogbas regen what country will he be likely to regen into, england, america, ivory coast? what would help to to find him easier if i dont even know what country he will regen into?

many thanks

I don't think this is how it works. My understanding of it is; Re-gens are randomly generated. They're not generated to replace individual players. Their stats, appearance, nationality etc are random (albeit some nationality's will undoubtedly have more/better re-gens). But I don't think you will find a Drogba/Totti like for like, unless its purely by luck

I was always under the impression that there will be a whole lot of newly created players however I thought that every player that retires also gets a regen with a different name and different stats but the same potential ability? I know this is certainly the case on the mobile version as I have had a lot on their but now I'm more into the pc game and would appreciate any comments

Sounds like FIFA dude... In FM regens are randomly generated

tbf it used to be like this in the old CM games maybe until 2004, hence the name 'regens' but nowadays they're actually randomly generated and in fact should be called 'newgens' :)

I think you're getting it mixed up with another aspect of the game. If you untick 'Use real players and staff' when starting a new game, all real players will be replaced by fictitious ones, different name but same playing history etc, so you might find a Spanish midfielder called Jose Ramirez at Bayern who previously played for Real Sociedad, Liverpool, and Real Madrid, so this would be Xabi Alonso's replacement. Maybe same birthday as well, can't really remember, as far as I can recall the only difference is the name, and no photo. Regens, on the other hand, have nothing in common with any real players(starting to sound like a disclaimer now), and are randomly generated all over the world, usually, though not always, in their country of birth

I have found this wonderkid who had insane ability for a 16 year old, and now I have I think fully developed him into a very amazing winger with First Touch 20, 19 crossing, 17 dribbling, vision 16, work rate 15, technique 15, Acc 18 and pace 19 I think and is only 20, and I also found another left winger who has insane ability as well, developing him as he is 18 right now