carloshcfc

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I was looking around the editor and noticed that there is a value for youth player ability, which determines how good the regens of a certain nationality are. For example Brazil have a higher value than Andorra and therefore will create better players.

I had a look through the San Marino challenge and wondered whether this value is fixed, or by improving San Marino's world ranking and winning competitions with the San Marino club would increase this value so, given time, San Marino would create better regens and challenge for global titles, providing they had been extremely successful.

Thanks.

I think it's if the national team is higher rather than the club being successful

As far as I know it depends on the junior coaching rating of the clubs in that country. You can see in the editor that Guatemala has 31 clubs that have their junior coaching rating at 10 or higher (for comparison, England have 31 too), and I had a save where they are runners up in the 2018 world cup and their squad consists entirely of regens.

So what explains in my game, where England is always 1st or 2nd in the world but puts out less than stellar Regens in comparison to other similar European nations?

With Genie Scout filtering by 21 years or younger to ensure Regen, and put 180 as the PA minimum, so world class talent. I had 46 players from 30 different nationalities, a few dual nationalities which I decided to give full credit to both nations.
Brazil: 6 players
France: 5
England, Mexico, Germany, Spain, Italy, Ivory Coast: 3
Argentina, Algeria, Nigeria, Tunisia: 2
Egypt, Wales, Czech, Peru, Sweden, Switzerland, Columbia, Uruguay, Romania, Chile, Turkey, Reunion: 1

Now for a Nation who is constantly 1 or 2 in the world, you would think it would raise it's Regen quality. Even Argentina, who is currently 1st and hovers in the top 5 is getting shafted a bit. What's interesting is France dropped by about 5 rankings a few years back and they have the 2nd most 180 regens.

Well I actually lost my train of thought and have no idea what I'm arguing anymore. I do know I've seen San Marino saves 20-30 years in the future with a National team with super quality regens. So it is possible to force better regens. But I haven't seen it in my Prem saves with 20's across the board on facilities. I always have to head hunt talent.

As far as I know it depends on the junior coaching rating of the clubs in that country.

That sounds like the most logical solution, but after 8 years of Junior coaching being 20/20 at Man Utd I only ever produced one player that broke into the first team

So what explains in my game, where England is always 1st or 2nd in the world but puts out less than stellar Regens in comparison to other similar European nations?

I'm not sure, I'd guess it's that a higher percentage actually meet their PA, in countries such as Algeria, Tunisia and Reunion facilities aren't as good in general so many players' CA won't meet their PA.

Just a guess.