Regen player role and progression advice wanted

Reaction score
Hello, I am wanting some advice on what to do with this 17 year old regen:
View attachment 374093
View attachment 374094

I'm currently in the Championship after two successive promotions with Rotherham, and this guy is my best youth prospect. The only thing is, I'm not too sure what to do with him. His natural position is out wide, but he lacks the pace that I want to be a Winger (I'm currently training his Quickness up). So I'm asking for any advice on what to do with him, i.e what specifically to train, positional advice ect.

For the positions he is trained in, the tactic I'm using uses wingers set to support, a poacher set to attack and a target man set to support. Which of these, if any, is he most suitable for? I'm also considered training him up as a CM as my tactic includes a central midfielder set to attack and a central midfielder set to support.

Also, what should I do about playing time? Is he good enough for the Championship now? Should I loan him out, or just play him sparingly? Sorry for all the questions, he's a valuable asset! Any help is welcome!

Ps, he's also being tutored by an elder member of the squad who has 20 determination :)

As his marking, tackling and strength are so low, the CM position is out of question.
Here, I would try to make him as complete as possible to be used in either the AMC or FC position. I would actually try to train him in the Trequartista role for about a year and then, perhaps in the Complete FC role for a year. After that, I would focus in some specific stats that will undermine his ability to be used in the tactic you will be using in 2-3 years time. If he does not fit the system then, he will still be able to be sold for a bit of money.

If his Decision stats reaises above 12 in 3 years time, then it will prbably get up to 14 when he is 24 and that is good enough. If he does not have that progress, then I dont think he will be good enough for you in the future

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to do what you suggested and train him in the Trequartista role for a season and see how he progresses. As his determination is high I'm hoping he'll improve quickly. Thanks again!

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to do what you suggested and train him in the Trequartista role for a season and see how he progresses. As his determination is high I'm hoping he'll improve quickly. Thanks again!

yeah, a high determination stat often indicates he is professional and has ambition