Regen players all seem to be French....

luko76ers

Reaction score
I'm in 2031 on my game but for as long as I can remember at least 95% of the regen players coming into the game are French....which is odd considering my only playable leagues are England, Spain and Germany.

Anyone else encountered this or know how to fix it?

Dunno if its maybe a bug as I preordered the game and played the same classic mode game until now...

what do you mean, the best players are french? Or that your youth academy brings in 9 french players out of 10?

what do you mean, the best players are french? Or that your youth academy brings in 9 french players out of 10?

Yeah sorry, like if I go to player search and filter maximum age 17/18/19 or 20 for example, nearly every single player is french, and its not even a playable league, whereas I have Spain as playable and there are no Spanish youngsters coming through, I have a really widespread scouting knowledge aswell...

Do you click to exclude unrealistic transfers? it might be that, I usually only get French regens when that is clicked

A lot of French clubs have very good youth facilities. But I had the same "problem" in my save.

Is the nationality of your Director Of Football .. French ?

Or anybody high up in your staff french ?

A lot of French clubs have very good youth facilities. But I had the same "problem" in my save.

Could be that, but I hardly even get any English players coming on the list either considering I'm managing in the Premier League...

Is the nationality of your Director Of Football .. French ?

Or anybody high up in your staff french ?

Nope I don't have a Director of Football and Assistant Manager and Head of Youth Development are Kaka and Ederson who obviously are both Brazilian...

My 1st season i had plenty of good quality regens (4 to 5 stars for Man Utd).

Second season i had 3...

And all defensive midfilders don't have strength and natural fitness which is odd

I dunno the specifications for regens, but your "problem" and mine makes me believe that it's not random, but it follows some kind of pattern for the savegame.

One of the explanations for your "problem" is that the English leagues are the 1st market for french players and if you go to the editor you will see that there's a section where you can see the probability of buying players from a certain country. Maybe France is high rated in the English leagues and the game "produces" more regens from the country that supports the teams.

When i play in the Portuguese league, 90% of the high quality regens come from Brazil, which is normal since 90 % of the foreign players in Portugal come from that country

My 1st season i had plenty of good quality regens (4 to 5 stars for Man Utd).

Second season i had 3...

And all defensive midfilders don't have strength and natural fitness which is odd

I dunno the specifications for regens, but your "problem" and mine makes me believe that it's not random, but it follows some kind of pattern for the savegame.

One of the explanations for your "problem" is that the English leagues are the 1st market for french players and if you go to the editor you will see that there's a section where you can see the probability of buying players from a certain country. Maybe France is high rated in the English leagues and the game "produces" more regens from the country that supports the teams.

When i play in the Portuguese league, 90% of the high quality regens come from Brazil, which is normal since 90 % of the foreign players in Portugal come from that country

Thats a good point I suppose, the French players seem to have good stats at a young age but never really develop that much whereas some of the other regens seem to have lesser stats but then mature very quickly when given game time.

I'm waiting for a big job in Spain so hopefully when that comes up it might change...

Because French regens have the highest values for some reason, they are always top of the list. Just exclude regens of french nationality, happens to me all the time.

Thats a good point I suppose, the French players seem to have good stats at a young age but never really develop that much whereas some of the other regens seem to have lesser stats but then mature very quickly when given game time.

I'm waiting for a big job in Spain so hopefully when that comes up it might change...

Btw, do you know anything to be done to get better youth intake, apart from the facilities (i have top)

Btw, do you know anything to be done to get better youth intake, apart from the facilities (i have top)

Ask the board to improve youth recruitment networks and find a good Head of Youth Development

I have Brian McClair and HYD, but i have not asked for those improvements. Will do that, thanks

I had Brian McClair too, he's a great HOYD. Once you expand your recruitment networks you should notice a higher standard of youth intakes pal

I didn't know that you could ask the board to do that, I've had three 4 and a half star youth players that are now almost unstoppable at 22, but since then I've had to buy from abroad and train them up - I'll give it a go and see what happens at the end of the season!

I'm in 2031 on my game but for as long as I can remember at least 95% of the regen players coming into the game are French....which is odd considering my only playable leagues are England, Spain and Germany.

Anyone else encountered this or know how to fix it?

Dunno if its maybe a bug as I preordered the game and played the same classic mode game until now...

Yes it's probably a bug because it happened to be as well. My playable leagues are England, Spain, Germany, France, Italy and Holland.
After a couple of years my scouts (8th of them) are only finding a couple of regens each year.
Which is odd because there are no scouting restrictions. Anyway all of them are from France.

The regens in FM are still a joke. In my current save I manage PSV (Holland).
It's now year 2021 and the game is boring as ****, winning games with at least 5 goals difference in any league/cup.
Won Champions cup semi-final with 6-0 against Real Madrid, how realistic is that.

SI should really start focusing on growth of computer controlled clubs. And if a team in a division is improving dramatically each year, it's likely that other teams in the same nation will improve also.

It happened in my save with Aston Villa as-well, 95% of regens were Argentinian and unable to obtain a work permit, So In order to get them a work permit I would have to send them else-where for a few years which meant no instant impact players. I got fed up with it in the end so just started a new save in the hope this one won't be the same.