Regen Potential Ability Glitch or Not?

Burnah

Reaction score
I've been playing FM a long time, this is the first time anything like this has happened before.
I had a homegrown youth that had been at the club for about 4-5 years. A good striker, a nicely growing CA (current ability) with a max PA (potential ability) of 185. Really high, roughly Suarez-level.
So this is where things get weird. I don't check genie scout a while and just steadily grow him, becoming quite lethal. He hits about 20 years of age and I then decide to check again.
First time EVER I have seen this happen - his PA (Yes, NOT CA) , his PA increased to 192?!
I have never had a player's PA increase before after being made/generated.
I can't tell if this is a new feature with 19 or it's a glitch (best glitch ever mind you).

Anyone had this happen to them before? Or could anyone possibly explain this?

Thanks.

EDIT:
(Pics)

Only about 160 CA at the moment. Good chunk to go still.

View attachment 21003

View attachment 21002

Last edited:
Never seen this before, but can you show us that guy?

It's not a new feature and his PA won't have changed. I would assume it's an issue with your 3rd party tool.

It's not a new feature and his PA won't have changed. I would assume it's an issue with your 3rd party tool.

That did cross my mind. It'd just be strange now of all times that it happens. I've always used the same way to download/play/generally use FM and the likes since about FM 12. Never had this happen before.

No, PA is not fixed, it is indeed changing over time.
I have a newgen GK who has 131CA 176PA in 2023 (age 18),
when i check him in my old save he has 78CA 161PA in 2020 (age 15)
for comparison you can see it in attached pics:
That looks like it's a bug. Any chance you can upload your save? Ideally post it as a bug report on their forum with the save.