Reaction score
when ever i want a quality regen full back or centre back why are they defensive full back or defensive centre back sigh why? do normal full backs or central defender or ball players not exist like wtf lol

Coz kids are taught the basics until 16? evolution into 1st team ball players will be your job

Also, consider that a high-potential newgen with the attacking attributes required to be an Attacking Fullback or a Ball Playing Defending will continue to develop those attributes. And if they come close to maxing out their potential, their attacking abilities would be unrealistically good once they are developed. A CB with Passing in the 10-13 range as a 16 year old is very likely going to end up with 20 Passing a 25-28 year old... and how many real players have that kind of Passing as a Center Back?

You get the raw material, it's your job to mould it into the player it can become.

so if i train them as ball players or attacking full backs they will be fulll natural if they have the basic raw stats for that?

Yes. It may not become their "best" role.... but as I said in another thread today, the role & duty circles aren't absolutes. They are how the game interprets their skills. If you train up a the prospect for several years as a Ball Playing Defender, they shoudl become a very proficient defender on the ball. Even if their little circle still says "Defensive Centre Back".

Another factor is that certain highly specialized roles have CA minimums, and a brand new regen is unlikely to hit that minimum. I know Complete Forward does. Wouldn't be surprised if Complete Wingback does as well.

Be reasonable with your expectations, though. If your 5-star 16 year old fullback has 2 in Crossing, Dribbling, Passing, Technique, Vision, and Off the Ball.... don't expect those all to be 15+ once he's fully develop. Some just won't be. That said, almost no attributes function in isolation, so even one or two being mediocre won't mean they can't play a role. I've had consistent killer attacking performances out of fullbacks with Crossing of below 10, because other attributes can compensate to a degree. Conversely, great Crossing won't mean as much if they won't have Technique, Decisions, Anticipation, and the physical ability to create space, etc.

so if i train them as ball players or attacking full backs they will be fulll natural if they have the basic raw stats for that?
Train them in the attributes they need for the role you want them to play eventually. You are the manager - you can shape them.