Golasooo

Reaction score
So as the title say, the regens that I am finding, with 5 star potential, are rejecting every single contract offer. In detail:

I am managing Burnley in my first year so therefore I am in the nPower Championship. In fact I am leading the table in March.
Since it was time for the annual regen intakes, I sent my scouts to look at players from Auxerre, Feyenoord, and Aberdeen. As a result, I found 5 or so 5 star gems and 5 more 4.5 star players.
When I went to offer a contract, the players seemed to high-ball me so I lowered the contract. The first man swiftly rejected me.
So I offered a contract to another player. This time, I gave into his demands. Still a prompt no-no.
So finally, I tried to give the regens more than they wanted. Naturally enough, they said no. Every single one of them.

So I am wondering, why is this the case? Because I have absolutely no clue. Thanks in advance.

1) They not want to join a Championship team
2) Might find a better club who offers more money

Could be many more reasons but I would just try giving as much money as possible to them and see if they take it or not

Okay, I'll try to snap up some regens next year then, because I just got promoted with a win over Millwall.
I don't think that number 2 would be the reason because a few of those regens ended up signing for much less then my offer.

Okay, I'll try to snap up some regens next year then, because I just got promoted with a win over Millwall.
I don't think that number 2 would be the reason because a few of those regens ended up signing for much less then my offer.

But was the club they joined in the First Division? If so that might be why, some players would rather be at a bigger club.

Yes they were, so I think that could just be the reason. Each team was from a top division club. One factor that could be it though is reputation, as my team has just a measly 2.5 star rating.

I guess reputation and league are key factors to this. As in real life, youngsters dream of playing for a famous club, shown on TV and become stars. ;-)
If you are lucky, you'll find a couple of newgens that doesn't realize their own potential...

Yeah, if they're only like 16/17 and want £30k/w+ off you they're basically saying they don't want to play for your club. Offer them what you think is a reasonable contract, if they reject, just sell them.

They react pretty much the same as normal youth players. They aren't going to take a step down to play in the Championship just because they are regens..