FreakDJ

Reaction score
There is no "Training help section" and this has to do with players so I'm putting this here, but if it belongs somewhere else I will ask a mod to move it.

I have 2 young regens at Crewe and they can slot right into my first team, as one is already a 4 star CA/ 5 star PA.
When it comes to training when they are young, what should I focus on? They are fairly balanced players who play an AP and the other as an AMC.
Should I set focus to AP/AMC? so it covers everything?
Should I focus on his strengths and make them stronger?
Should I bring up his lower stats like his physical abilities?

Should I set focus to AP/AMC? so it covers everything? yes you should but mix it up every couple of months and concentrate on a specific attribute.

How many months per attribute? Until i see a certain change of say 3? or after 3 months even if there is no change?

Just trying to get the best out of my young players, thanks for helping :)

I usually switch when i see there devoplement slowing and then switch back after 2months

Ofcourse first team footbool is the main way they will fullfill there potential

Preseason focus on fitness and work on physicals.
Then up until they're 20/21 rotate around specific attributes, usually start with the weak ones that they need to get them to a reasonable level. You'll need to switch them to something else every 3 months or so when you notice the development slowing down. So you may work on technique for 3 months, then switch to passing and maybe go back to technique.
Keep doing that until they're 20/21, by then they're usually well rounded so you just switch them to the role they're playing and keep giving them first team football.

No physicals after preseason? Why not to increase stamina and quickness? Does it affect fatigue or injury rate?
And how would I know if the attribute is slowing or not if it increase 1 per month? Should I change it anyways after 3?
And its best to bring up lower attributes for the role, not increasing the better ones?
Already giving them first team football though :D

No physicals after preseason? Why not to increase stamina and quickness? Does it affect fatigue or injury rate?
And how would I know if the attribute is slowing or not if it increase 1 per month? Should I change it anyways after 3?
And its best to bring up lower attributes for the role, not increasing the better ones?
Already giving them first team football though :D

Obviously If you have a key physical stat you would like to increase then go for it, I prefer to just do them during preseason though when I'm rotating players a lot more and I just give them a quick 2-3 months of heavy training.
They tend to stall a little after a short burst of improvement, I'd just change it anyway after the third month, it allows for a more even development of key attributes.
Personally I find it much better to focus on the lower key stats, no point getting a ST to 20 finishing if he has 9 composure and 11 technique for example.