nasturas

Reaction score
How do you know which regen will develop into a world class player? How do you guys know that a regen is a good signing for the future? Star rating? Attributes? I'm a little lost as I don't know which players to sign. I am looking every month on the world youth intake and ask my scouts to send me reports of all players.

have a look on you-tube there are loads of guide on how to narrow them down and tutor them.

All the guides on youtube say the same things: click on world and search youth intake and look on u19 national squads. I'm playing with attributes masking on so what I want to know is how to tell if a regen can become a furat team player. Should I sign players with PA at 4 stars or only at 5 stare? Or should I sign them based only on attributes? Or is the personality that important? I often find regens with good attributes but very bad personalities.

All the guides on youtube say the same things: click on world and search youth intake and look on u19 national squads. I'm playing with attributes masking on so what I want to know is how to tell if a regen can become a furat team player. Should I sign players with PA at 4 stars or only at 5 stare? Or should I sign them based only on attributes? Or is the personality that important? I often find regens with good attributes but very bad personalities.

Well pretty much all that is subjective to what club you are, funds, what players you have, how good your scouts are etc

Be systematic. Target clubs that have good youth coaching and youth recruitment - they are most likely to get the top recruits. The club info page of every club shows you their top prospect, which is typically worth scouting. Be realistic - you probably aren't going to steal a youth prospect from Real Madrid or Bayern Munich if you are Sunderland.

Have the best scouts you can, and use the one who is best at Judging Potential.

Stars are relative. Its comparing it to your team. So if you already have a strong team, a youth with pretty high potential might only get 3 or 3 1/2 stars. Vice versa, if you don't have a really strong starting squad, a youth player with solid but not amazing potential might get 4 or 5 stars, and only be a 3 star prospect for a bigger club.

Personality is vital to player development. How much that matters in the youth players I look to poach depends entirely on whether I have a player who can tutor them to improve it. If I don't, I want a more professional and ambitious youth player. If I do, I can tutor them and don't worry as much.

There is no way "to be sure" a youth prospect will develop. Even if you cheat and look at their potential setting, there is no guarantee they reach that. And a player doesn't need high potential to develop into a really solid player even at the highest levels of the game. They may not become elite mega-super stars without top end potential but not every player on a squad needs to be that.

Spot on Bigpapa!

Does it really say the top prospects on club info screen?

Maybe it depends on the skin, but the skins I use usually have it. It shows Captain, Vice-Captain, Manager, Best Player, and Top Prospect. Just the top one.

@Bigpapa42: Thanks for the info. I used to scout only players with 5 stars potential, so without scouting 3-4 stars I can miss some good players. I play with Nottingham Forest, I'm in third season, playing in Champions League, qualified from a group with Barca, Juve and Slavia Praga. I don't have top players, the best player I have in terms of current ability is Saido Berahino. I also got some young players that should develop very well like Ascacibar, Felipo Melegoni, Kuki.

edit: can you tell me the skin you use? I use default one and I don't see the Top Prospect, just Manager, Captain, Vice Captain and Key Player.

I used to do the same, nasturas. I only targeted the top top prospects. I valued potential above all else. But I slowly learned better. A high potential player who isn't all that developed for their age, has poor key attributes, or a problematic personality really doesn't have the same value to me as a somewhat lesser prospect (based purely on potential) but who is already better for their age, better personality, better starting attributes, etc. The reality is that there are a lot of really good players in the top leagues of Europe who don't have top end potential. The kind of player that was probably a 3 star rating as a youngster, but who had the personality to work hard and got the game-time to develop. they might not be an automatic starter at the likes of Barcelona, Madrid, or Bayern, but that doesn't make them a poor player by any means.

I use the Vitrex skin. Can be found on FM Scout. Love it.

Thanks. I see that Vitrex skin is optimized for 1920x1080 and might cause errors on lower resolutions. I play the game on a laptop with max res 1366x768. Will it work?

Thanks. I see that Vitrex skin is optimized for 1920x1080 and might cause errors on lower resolutions. I play the game on a laptop with max res 1366x768. Will it work?

not sure. I use 1920 on both my gaming rig and my laptop, so I've never had any problems. But haven't tried it on lower resolutions.

There are some other awesome skins out there, and I'm sure Vitrex isn't the only one that shows the club's top prospect. Its not even the only one to use mini stadium pics and city images. I just really like the overall presentation of the skin.

How have you managed to do all that with Forrest in 3 years with berahino your best player. It doesn't mAke sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 98639
How have you managed to do all that with Forrest in 3 years with berahino your best player. It doesn't mAke sense

The owner of the club sells it in every save so the new owner gives you money for new transfers. In that save he gave me 8 mil budget but now I'm playing a new save and an arab guy bought the club and he gave me 65milions!!!!! In the picture you can see 45 mil for transfers but the wage budget was also increased a lot so I adjusted the budget to 65mil and around 600k for wages.

I also got Saido Berahino on a free in the first save. Gave him and his agent a lot of money so he signed. Kuki I loaned with an optional fee of 725k(his release fee at the start of the game). Ascacibar and Melegoni were cheap, I think I got both for around 6-7mil.

Last edited:
Or I see but even with that money your best player is still only berahino. How've you managed a top 4 finish with those players.

Don't mean to come across like I'm questioning you. I'm just intrigued to how you've done it with not the best of players

with agressor balanced I think. but now I don't like to use that tactic because all it does is just to overload the final third and pass like crazy until someone can shoot.