Sandy_Tait

Reaction score
A 2 division international super league, with 20 teams per division, each one representing one of the game's geographic regions (Central Europe, North Africa, etc.) The two divisions will play in parallel, with one division comprising the greatest current players from that region, and the other division with the greatest players of all time. As well as an inter-divisional cup competition, there would be a champions shield match at the beginning of the season with the two 1st-placed sides from the previous season.

Legends League
Featuring the best players ever from:
* Africa, Central
* Africa, East
* Africa, North
* Africa, Southern
* Africa, West
* America, Caribbean
* America, Central
* America, North
* America, South
* Asia, Central
* Asia, East
* Asia, Middle East
* Asia, Oceania
* Asia, South
* Asia, South East
* Europe, Central
* Europe, Eastern
* Europe, Scandinavia
* Europe, South
* Europe, UK & Ireland

Present-Day League
Featuring the best current players from:
* Africa, Central
* Africa, East
* Africa, North
* etc.

Selection Criteria
Players will be selected not simply on the number of caps they won for their country, or for either their international or domestic record, but for a combination of all of those factors and for more. The reasoning for this is that there are plenty of players who have won many caps for their country not by being the best ever but just by being the one good player during a long spell of international decline; similarly, there are players who never won as many caps as they could have due to either injury or falling out with the national coach during their prime.

Beyond that, the following rules apply:
* Teams should have 3 of the following: GK, DR, DL, DM, CM, RW, LW, AM, CF; as well as 6 DCs. This rule is to ensure a balanced squad with depth, but is not hard and fast.
* Each regional side must have at least one player from each of the nations within that region. There is no upper limit on how many players can be picked from a single nation.
* The Legends teams consist of players who are either retired, or whose best days are long behind them. E.G. Didier Drogba would be a Legend rather than a Current player; sure, he's still very good, but he's not as good as he used to be.
* The Current teams must have players who are currently active in the game, and arguably still at their best (blips in form not withstanding)
* Players with more than one nationality are eligible for all of their nations, regardless of caps. This is both to help reduce pressure on selecting players for the strongest regions, and also to help balance out the weaker regions. E.G. Marcel Desailly is probably not one of the top 6 centre-backs of all time in Central Europe, but he's definitely the best one to come out of Ghana.
* All of the above rules are flexible, with changes made as necessary for balance; I don't want the sides to all start out on an even footing, but I'd like to make the gulf in class between, e.g. South America and the Caribbean, as small as is reasonably possible.
* As many legendary players as possible who don't make it into their regional side due to the immense competition for spaces (e.g. South America forwards) will be added as 16yo players on a free transfer. I can't include everyone, but there are plenty of household names who deserve inclusion even if they don't make it into a team.

The Teams
* Current player teams will be based in the nation of their region that has the highest reputation. Legends teams will be based in the one with the highest youth rating. In instances where this is the same nation, the 2nd placed nation will be chosen for one of the sides.
* Each side will have feeder clubs set up to provide scouting and youth players from all of the other nations of that region. In each case, the feeder team will be the club with the best youth facilities for that nation.
* Teams will be called something slightly more imaginative than, e.g., "Central Europe FC" but I haven't really looked at that yet ;)
* Training/youth facilities, etc. will be calculated on the basis of that region's average national youth ratings
* Stadiums will be the largest in the side's host nation
* Kit colours will be based on the colours of the side's home continent, and their host nation
* Unless someone can find me a source for Gibraltar's national players prior to their recent UEFA inclusion, Gibraltar will not have a representative in the Southern Europe Legends side.

Last edited:
sounds like a good one...i definatly would play this