nealriley24

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Have been playing with this tactic for a while now and as I'm a massive fan of Andrea Pirlo I wanted a tactic that really exploited all of his skills. With FM2014's new Regista position this really enables me to do so!

It's a 4-1-3-2 formation with Pirlo sitting in the Regista position between the midfield and defence and dictating the play. I have set a lower tempo for the team with retain possession also selected, the idea is that we keep possession at all costs and keep the other team chasing the ball (don't know where i could have got this idea from!!! (Barca maybe!!)) :)

I have had some fantastic away results including 2-4 away at Manchester United and 0-4 away at Roma. I started with a standard mentality and changed it once i went behind at Utd to attack and completely took them apart.

I would be interested to find out how this tactic works elsewhere and would welcome all feedback. Good luck to you all.

Neal

nice tac will give it a go when i start my juv save

Hi Sebastian, The player instructions are all shown on the screenshots i have added! There are no special instructions i have given to the players apart from their roles. I hope this helps and good luck with your save. I have almost completed my first season now and am currently seven points clear in Serie A, But i went out of the Italian Cup semi on penalties and am 2-0 down to Chelsea with the second leg to play at home in the Champs League first knockout round!!! Only lost twice in the league but sometimes i just can't seem to put the ball in the net!!! I hope this works for you and stick with it as i have had stunning results against the big guns in the league!!

in your screenshot your 2 forward are roled as CF and TM, but when i import it for my save my 2 forward are roled as DLF and AF, and also for the 3 mid in my save are roled as 3 CM. do you adjusted it in the middle of your competition?

so far with this tac, i got 6W, 1L (1 red card for my player since 1st half), 1D. 17 goals and 4 conc
nice tac mate!

Yeah sorry Sebastian i must have altered it slightly !!! I am currently playing the tactic with Complete forward (Tevez) and Target man in support role (Llorente). The three in the middle are left side advanced playmaker attack (Vidal) the middle midfielder is a box to box man with support (Marchisio) and the right sided midfielder is a central midfielder with support role (Cleverly or Honda), I hope this helps and also when Im up against a big side like Roma or AC Milan i select attack mentality after 10-15 min of the game. View attachment 446276