TamMcCann

Reaction score
tumblr_muyq91eqFs1r57lfxo5_1280.jpg

Safe Haven

Some call it "The Island of Sheep". I see it as some sort of safe haven for me. Away from the old hectic lifestyle and also the twisted British media.

I'm not for one moment saying I was a saint as I did bring a lot of the hassle on myself although many of my demons have been left behind back in UK, somewhere I intend to keep them!

The decision to relocate was a must for me, it was do or die, and I literally mean DIE! My family and friends have supported me in the move as they knew it was a must too. It really is the last chance saloon for me as if this doesn't work then I don't think anything will.

Two weeks I've been off the drink now.....

Football

The Football over here is of a low standard to be honest. All top teams play Semi Pro, probably hence part of the reason why the National team doesn't perform too well. Everyone who knows me will know I live for Football (and alcohol). Football is in my DNA and if I felt fit enough I'd no doubt try to sign up with one of the teams here! That is not to say I couldn't get myself fit again after all I'm only 46...!

I think I'll stick to what I'm doing by going around keeping myself to myself and watching the odd match when I can (not that I do much).

I can't risk to be caught by the media over here...

Once I stopped playing Football it was then my issues came to light. Deep inside I was insecure but it was much easier to control throughout my Footballing years. I didn't know what to do after I stopped playing. I kept myself fit ( although still on the drink) and even tried my hand in management but ironically the drink ended they hopes too. My reputation was massive and I'll always feel privileged to have had that but for me in recent years having that reputation is why I'm here now. Maybe it's also why I'm still alive too I suppose...

I have had great support from fans across the world, even rival fans who gave me abuse on the park which is always nice to hear! At the end of the day no one can save me but myself.

Over here my reputation isn't as known within the local community which is good but I have had some second glances when I go to the Football matches and witnessed some whispers to their friends. Maybe I'm being paranoid but you can't blame me as for now I need to keep my identity a secret!

I need to get better before I can show my face freely again..

even in the FAROE ISLANDS!!!

View attachment 337145

celebrations-vikingur-cupfinal2012faroeislands.jpg

The Aftermath

Well what a day for EB/Streymur! I just witnessed only their second League Title victory since their formation back in 1993 ( I was living the high life in Italy then).

The thing about Football here compared to the bigger leagues through out Europe is that Football is actually Football! It's not about money, it's about the passion of playing and doing well for the badge. Sadly what most Footballers in this day in age lack. Those Streymur players who will go down in history stayed on field with the flock of fans and celebrated until the end, after that they all went home side by side the fans which was nice to see. There was no barrier between players and fans, it was so laid back. It may not be the best of quality here but by god I just think I'm beginning to take to it!

Abrubt

After the stadium was near empty I shuffled away from the minority of fans who continue to celebrate their Teams League win, my cap still slightly covering my eyebrows and eyes along with it them. I still walk away smiling as if I've just won the league, I don't even have any connections with the Club!

As I trundle down towards the exit, fairly confident I've not been seen I lift my cap up, the floodlights beaming into my eyes I'm abruptly stopped in my path by a man of medium build and one **** of a smile on his face!

Oh ****, does he recognise me?!

"Don't worry I won't say I've seen you", he chuckles at me still grinning from ear to ear. I still stand there not sure what to say to this stranger! "Erm....Ok thank you", I reply. "The name is Heðin Askham, it's such an honor to meet someone of your stature". Again I'm still a bit wary around this guy, "Nice to meet you too Heðin, sorry but I need to leave now", I say trying to wriggle my way out of this awkward situation. "Oh, sorry for holding you up", he says sympathetically. "It's ok, goodbye Heðin", I say as I walk off, my palms sweating and heart pounding at the realization that I've been noticed!

He shouts one more thing as I leave...

"HB Torshavn, the most successful team in the Fareo's....I want you to guide us back to success".

I stop dead in my tracks, turn around and
Heðin is standing there will that grin on his face again...

csm_3287_524306f3a60_19ca1f3b4f.jpg

Last edited:
Faroe-Islands.jpg

The Dilemma

As I relax and start to grasp what actually happened last night my mind begins to wander. What if I accept Heðin Askham's proposal of becoming Havnar's new gaffer? Will it hinder my efforts of a full detox? Will the news spread world wide and again the pressure will be on me as the media keep their eyes firmly on how I'm getting on drink free, just waiting for me to relapse so they can pounce and sell their stories!?

Askham has offered me the chance to go and meet up with him and other members of the Club including chairman Finnbogi Arge and Club captain Frodi Benjaminsen this evening to discuss the possibility of me taking over the reigns from Askham.

Let's do this I decide!

View attachment 337139

Havnar Boltfelag are one of the oldest and most successful Football clubs in the Fareo Islands. The club was founded in 1904, and is based in the capital, Torshavn. Home matches are played
at the Gundadalur and they compete in the Faroe Islands Premier League. HB stands for Havnar Boltfelad, or Harbour Football Club, with Havn coming from the name of the town of Torshavn.

HB have won the most league titles in the Fareo's with 22 titles wrapped up along with the most national cups won too. HB's main rivals are B36 Torshavn with whom they share the same stadium.

The Gundadalur has two stands, one in red and black for HB and one in Black and White for B36!

I hope everyone has enjoyed the start I've made in the story. Keep an eye on it as the name of the manager will be announced shortly! Next update tomorrow guys....

Last edited:
1.1251107876.old-houses-in-fro-ba-faroe-islands.jpg

Window of Hope

Well today is the day, the day I'll meet HB's main men to discuss their soon to be vacant managers position. There are still some niggling things in the back of my mind but I'll give this a chance. I love Football no matter the level. I'd love to be able to get back in to it at some capacity and right now maybe a management job in the Fareo's is the way forward for me. Football isn't as big over here as it is back in the UK so there will not be that media spotlight over me twenty five hours a day!

As I walk up to the address given to me my stomach starts to churn, I stop for a second and take some deep breaths. Well here goes I say to myself as I continue to walk up the path and onto the grass towards the small red door. I give the door an awkward knock and before I even get the chance to patiently wait Heðin Askham opens the door and greets me with another one of his big grins!

Askham : "Hello my friend! Come on in."

I give him a slight smile and walk into what I can only describe as a shabby office room where another man sat smiling at me whom I presume must be HB Chairman
Finnbogi Arge.

Arge : "So Askham, this is the legend who you think should replace yourself?"

Askham : "Yes sir", Askam still grinning from ear to ear.

I still stand there feeling honored that Hedin Askham is praising me so highly yet he dosen't even know me!

Arge :"Right, lets get down to buisness then shall we?"

I smile and sit down. Am I about to become the new man at the helm of Havnar Boltfelag?

Interview-Process-2.jpg

Press-Conferences.jpg

Havnar Boltfelag to announce Manager sensation

Reports coming from a credible source at Faroe Island club HB that they are due to announce one of the biggest Football Manager appointments in the country's history. Who ever is set to replace current manager Hedin Askham after this years title disappointment is sure to be under pressure to turn the clubs fortunes around and wrestle the title back off fellow club EB/ Streymur, a team who have only won their second league title in their history.

A spokeswoman for Torshavn earlier released this statement, "We are confident that the man we have chosen to take HB forward will sign a contract later today and that will lead to a press conference later unveiling our new man who will no doubt send a clear message out to the rest of the clubs that we intend to dominate our League and also progress in world Football".

View attachment 337090

HB appoint their new man on a 1 year contract

Havnar have officially sealed the deal on their new manager on a 1 year contract. The identity of this man is yet still unknown but we will find out who they have chosen to lead their team within the next hour or so.

Watch this space.....

Good-Handshake.jpg

I hope everyone is enjoying my story so far. I will unveil the new manager tomorrow and get into the "Football Manager" side of it. If there is anything you would like me to change then don't hesitate to say.

PS, does anyone have an idea of who the manager might be?

All will be revealed tomorrow :D...

Last edited:
Paul-Gascoigne-001.jpg

Gazza unveiled as Havnar boss!

Havnar Boltfelag have announced that England legend Paul Gascoinge will take over the reigns from current boss Hedin Askham starting from next Season. Earlier a spokeswoman for HB said the appointment will send out a clear message all over the country and no doubt this headline will turn some heads in the Faroe's and beyond!

Gascoigne is known for his magical Footballing talent and his jokes but also he is a self confessed alcoholic so in terms of that, this will no doubt be a big risk they are taking on Gazza and maybe this is why they have only gave him a short deal at the moment.

We tried to gain access to Paul and the team earlier but the spokeswoman said, "We are delighted to announce Mr Gascoigne as the man to lead HB back to success and we are all confident he will repay the faith put in him. Paul has had many issues and I'm sure you will understand he is not ready to speak to the media at the moment. Paul is already working hard on team preparations for next Season and we hope our fans look forward to this new era as much as we do".

article_3fc4710956a9400f_1375700300_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

It's NOW

Well this is the time.....I'm now manager of The Fareo Islands biggest Club! This was a massive step for me in my bid to recover and get myself to a better place and I intend to not let HB down for the faith they have shown my appointing me! I can do this......

I'm Paul "GAZZA" Gascoigne!!!

There you have it guys, much earlier than expected! Please follow my story as it's sure to be an exciting one!

always thought it would be gazza! like the look of this so far interesting to see how you get on

article-0-1B9E7CEC000005DC-22_634x430.jpg

The New Chapter

I have spoken to Finnbogi Arge regarding the teams budget and all about the coaching staff side of things too, we are run as a Semi Professional club (although I'll like to go Professional at some point) so we are limited in terms of coaching staff but I'll be looking to discuss the chance to expand this to help the players reach their potential. We don't have a big transfer budget as the same with our wage structure although we probably have one of the biggest budgets if not the biggest in our league so in that regards I can't complain.

hb+torshavn.jpg

First training Session at a glimpse

So today I held my first training session with the lads and I must say I really enjoyed it, I was made to feel welcome and they responded well to my advice which was pleasing. I was made aware of some of the key players by Askham before I took charge and today I've seen why he picked them out :

View attachment 336854

Frodi Benjaminsen

Frodi is our captain and to be honest it's really easy to see why, on and off the training pitch he leads by example and all the players hold him in high regard. He was first capped by the Faroe Island back in 1990 and 23 years later he hasn't looked back! He plays through the middle of the park, usually as a midfielder but can cover in defense too. He will be vital for us if we want to regain our status as League champions!

View attachment 336853

Rene Joensen

Defender Rene is currently injured and will be out for 3/4 months which is a bitter blow already for the team but when he is is back and fit I'm positive he will slot back into the team ready to help in the Title fight. We signed him after his release from Brondby and I really believe that choice was our gain and their loss. The 20 year old is extremely talented and could play in England one day, just not too soon!

View attachment 336852

Simun Samuelsen

Attacking midfielder Samuelsen is without a doubt one of the best (if not the best) attacking players in the Faroe's right now. Today at training everything he done seemed so effortless which certainly kept our defense on their toes. We are lacking in the striker department at the moment so I'll be looking for Samuelsen to take some of that pressure off for us in terms of getting in about the goals!

Atli+Gregersen+Republic+Ireland+v+Faroe+Islands+skkqpv5P1Sql.jpg

Trio sign on for Gazza's HB Torshavn

Paul Gascoigne today added three players to his pool at Torshavn which no doubt would have pleased the HB support. The pick of the bunch was Faroe Islands international defender Atli Gregersen. Gegersen started his career with Randers Fc and also had spells with Scottish Club Ross County and most recently Vikingur. They also signed 18 year old Serbian Filip Djordjevic from Vikingur. Not too much is known about this young lad although it is believed Gazza has high hopes for the youngster and despite his age he will look to introduce him to the team straight away. The other player in was young keeper Kristian Joensen from rivals NSI who will look to provide competition for Teitur Gestsson.

View attachment 336851View attachment 336850View attachment 336849

I'm extremely pleased to get these three boys in so early which is always a bonus. I'll maybe look to sign another two players and that should be it. My priority will be to look for a striker with plenty of experience to help the younger strikers at the club.

Pre Season Friendly (1st match)...

Faroe%20Islands%20ROYN.jpg

fus_cl_quali_tor_sal_body_tor_g.2005100.jpg

Samuelsen celabrates his second goal.

Royn 0-5 HB Torshavn

Poul Ingason (3)
Frodi Benjaminsen (42)
Simun Samuelsen (49,51)
Levi Hanssen (77)

Paul Gascoigne got off to a flyer today after his HB Torshavn side easily brushed aside second division team Royn. Young striker Ingason started the route on three minutes after a nice Hanssen cross. Three minutes from half time and Captain Benjaminsen doubled the lead from twenty five yards with a great power striker and the keeper had no chance.

The Second half started just like the first half where HB continued to overpower Royn. It showed when Simun Samuelsen got his first goal of the match when he beat three players to send a wonderful strike into the roof of the goal. Samuelsen wasn't finished there when two minutes later he scored again after brilliant play by Mouritsen which gave Samuelsen the chance to tap his second goal in from close range. Left winger Levi Hanssen completed the route after a mazy run into the box with a wonderful chip over the keeper to sum up HB's fantastic performance.

View attachment 336845

I will now do my updates on a monthly basis in terms of fixtures but I'll continue to go in depth with a "story" as well as playing Football manager. If the match is really important I will do it individual and give it a build up too. I hope people are following and enjoying it.

I thought Gazza as soon as I saw Drink & the fact I know your a gers man haha good luck mate, Love Gazza to bits!

I thought Gazza as soon as I saw Drink & the fact I know your a gers man haha good luck mate, Love Gazza to bits!

Cheers Aldo mate, good to someone like yourself reading :). I've done a story with Gazza before but I'm sure this one will beat it :p. Next post up tonight guys!

Cheers Aldo mate, good to someone like yourself reading :). I've done a story with Gazza before but I'm sure this one will beat it :p. Next post up tonight guys!

I take notions of coming on and reading stories, think I do it to try get an idea of a save & keep myself interested in the game lol.I'm sure the story will be quality.

I take notions of coming on and reading stories, think I do it to try get an idea of a save & keep myself interested in the game lol.I'm sure the story will be quality.

Same. Also it keeps my mind off the Rangers p*sh thats going on lol!

flag.jpg

Bring on the Great Danes!

After a great start to Pre Season with a 5-0 win over Royn we will now face Fc Nordsjaelland whom will no doubt provide a big test for the lads. We will then face Danish big guns Fc Copenhagen and finish off with Fc Midtjylland. All of the matches will be held Gundadalur so it will benefit the club financially as well as on the park for the players also it will be great entertainment for our fantastic fans to see bigger teams playing us.

In other News

cieslewicz.jpg

Havnar close in on rivals striker

Paul Gascoigne today has stepped up his bid to sign B36 main man Lukasz Cieslewicz. The Polish striker is believed to be really interested in a move to Torshavn but whether or not he will be allowed to leave to for a big rival is yet to be decided. Earlier Gascoigne said, "Lukasz is a very talented boy and it's true we are looking to sign him but it's still very early so I'm not going to comment on the matter at the moment".

B36 boss also said, "Lukasz is our player and I'll be very much hoping he will stay here with us as he is a very important player for us on and off the park".

It is believed HB Torshavn are willing to dig deep and fork out around £20,000 and also give him a record £1500 a week pay packet to get their man.

article-2290998-188D0C65000005DC-332_634x979.jpg

Gascoigne and Arge in crisis talks!

Today we can reveal that Havnar boss Paul Gascoigne has been holding emergency talks with Chairman Finnbogi Arge over heated disagreements about club finances. Sources have told us that Gascoigne has been targeting a striker for his sqaud however Finnbogi Arge is not willing to give Gazza the money he needs in terms of paying the players wage. It is thought Gascoigne is wanting to sign up a striker for around £300 per week but Arge is only willing to spend £170 per week at most.

We managed to get through to Arge's personal assistant and they said, "Finnbogi and Paul don't agree on everything but who does? What I do know they agree on is that HB Torshavn should be champions come the end of the season and both will strive to ensure this happens regardless if a striker comes in or not."

Torshavn only have two strikers, Flotum and Ingason. Flotum is reaching the end of his career and Ingason is still inexperienced at the tender age of 17 years old so it's clear to see why Gascoigne wants a striker on board. In light of this it seems the deal for Lukasz Cieslewicz is now dead which would be devastating news for Gazza.

article-1078079-0222C3CB000005DC-236_306x646.jpg

Bogarde signs up as Coach for HB Torshavn

Dutch International and former Barcelona defender Winston Bogarde has signed up as coach for HB in what seems to be a major coup for the club. Bogarde has a very impressive CV having played for Ajax, Milan and Chelsea. He was even dubbed "Chelsea's worst ever player" During his professional career he only managed 200 appearances due to injury problems but no doubt HB players will relish someone like Bogarde coming into help them at the club.

Paul Gascoigne said, "This is a sign on the fantastic progress we are making here at the club to get someone like Winston over to help us Three days a week. It can only be beneficial to all the boys to have someone like him around the training ground."

In other news...

HB Torshavn have also snapped up goalkeeper coach Craig Forrest. Forrest started his career with Ipswich Town, making over 200 appearances for them. He then had loan spells with Colchester United and Chelsea then finished his career at West Ham.

14543-zoom.jpg

hb-venjarar-660x420.jpg

(Finnbogi Arge in the middle)

Lets set this story straight. I did not hold "crisis talks" with Finnbogi. Before I took the job I knew the budget I had was tight and I accepted that. We have managed to sign a couple of players who will no doubt strengthen the squad and I'm pleased with that. I will say I'm still looking for a striker to add to our pool and I remain confident I'll get someone in and very soon although it will not be Lukasz Cieslewicz, we inquired about signing him but he was too dear and that was that and a free transfer may looks most likely.