Reinstalling FM09

keywal

Reaction score
Hey guys i need some help!!

My PC is on the verge of a break down and it needs to be rebuilt, i need to know how to reinstall the game... do i need to burn a cd or is it just that i must install steam again and it will download it again??

oh and i'm sorry if this has been answered before, i've spent ages looking for an answer but i couldn't find it ;(

you got to uninstall the game of the pc before you rebuild it otherwise you'll lose 1 of your 5 install licenses. Also, I assume that if you dont have the game on dvd already, then you will need to install steam and re download it (if you activated the game via that), but at least it'll auto patch it for your ready to play it

Nice one dude, (H)

so i assume that the only thing i need to save is the folder in my documents with all my tactics and skins!

will the steam application to the uninstalling or will i just use windows?

not sure. i'd just use windows to uninstall and then reboot pc so all records of it being installed are gone. i would suggest starting steam up after its uninstalled to make sure it notices the game aint installed again aswell.

yea backup the folder to so you dont waste time having to download all them again lol

Once you get your PC set up. Download Steam and when you login with your account FM 2009 should be already on your games list and you can simply download it.

Thanks Sean but is what the other replies say true or will it recognise my IP adress and still claim i'm on my first licence? :|

I'm not sure I haven't looked into the whole license stuff.

I would imagine that with STEAM there wouldn't be a need for limited installs as... as far as I know... you need to be online and signed in with your username and password in order for you to be able to play it.