All-England Stadium Pack

Resized to 76% (was 1600 x 900) - Click image to enlarge
newcastleunited.png

648 teams in England

1600 x 900 resolution for widescreen moniters

Highest Quality images

The link below redirects you to the
Official Release Page:

Directions for installation: my documents/sports interactive/football manager/skins/(FOLDER OF SKIN YOU ARE USING)/graphics/backgrounds

Pack Information: This pack is the net result of about 500 hours of picture hunting, enhancing, and general passion for the lower leages of the English system. There are 648 pictures in this pack, most being shot at a 1600x900 resolution for a very high quality image. Many shots are done by professional photographers that are copyright-protected, but have allowed me to use their work in this pack, all free of charge. This Is the finest quailty of English stadium shots that I have seen anywhere. It is also the most comprehensive pack availible within the FM online community. While the pack is designed for widescreen monitors, it will work on standard 4x3 screens as well. I touched every shot personally to ensure the finest image. This pack will work on FM 2009, FM 2010, and FM 2011. If you are playing FM 2011, I suggest, while backgrounds are enabled this year, that you use a dark skin with a filter through the image, since FM 2011 as released contains no filter, rendering the screen next to impossible to read. This pack is designed to show on teamscreens AND matchdays. If you want just one to work, go into the config file and delete what you don't want it to do. (The config.xml files can be opened with NOTEPAD, the lines of code with "TEAM" in it are for team-page backgrounds, and the lines with "STADIUM" are for matchday backgrounds.)

I cannot express in words my gratitude to those people that have allowed me to use thier work in this pack. If anyone has more passion for the lower-leagues than me, it's the great people whose shots are in this pack. My goal was simple - a high-resolution shot for every team in England. With their help, I got what I wanted. (minus a few teams) I hope you enjoy this pack as much as I enjoyed making it.

other images

watford.png

swanseacity.png

shrewsburytown.png

nortonstocktonancients.png

gillinghama.png

eastwoodtown2.png

wrexham.png

manchesterunitedl.png

walshamlewillows2.png

biddulphvictoria.png

Last edited:
Good work but im not sure what a filter for the skin is could you explain it for me?

what skin tht?

Because everyone always asks, here are the details of the screenshots:

Version of game: FM 2010

Skin used: Steklo 09.1 redux, (LHS) mod pack - all by the great Tom Dixon

Logos: Metallic - sadly, I do not remember the author, but I downloaded it off of the FM-View fourms, so someone there will remember I'm sure.

Any other questions, just ask. You can find me and all my packs at FM-View, You can PM me there or leave comments there. I'm on FM-View everyday, others sites about once a week.

cheers,
minneapolisJon

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Good work but im not sure what a filter for the skin is could you explain it for me?

Okay, I suck at "skinning" (the art of making skins) but I'll give it my best:

All skins are developed by using panels. These panels are "treated" with certian tints, colors, etc. The main window that sits in the middle of the screen is set at 0% tint, meaning that all images are the exact photo, without any shading applied. Most, if not all, skins that are made for the game come with a tint set on the panel that the stadium picture appears through. These are set at various levels, but "dark" skins tend to be set a bit darker than "light" skins.

There will be more and more dark skins released in the next two months, for those that don't want to fiddle and muck about with all that photoshop stuff, which I don't know how to do.

I highly recommend the fine "FM-View 2011" skin, designed by JackHammer over at FM-view. Here's the link below:

He's a helpful bloke, and would be happy to help, although I'm sure that folks here can give you good advice as well.

cheers,
minneapolisJon

Last edited:
Could it be possible to get a (config file) just to show the stadiums on matchday because the fonts dont show through well when your just looking at the squad, unless somebody knows how to help me on that please guys or girls.

Could it be possible to get a (config file) just to show the stadiums on matchday because the fonts dont show through well when your just looking at the squad, unless somebody knows how to help me on that please guys or girls.

There are four solutions to your issue:

1 - Change the config.xml file (as you suggested) - easy, but requires you to edit the config file. If you go to my Official Release page on FM-View (the link on this page brings you there), you will find directions on how to do it.

2 - Modify your skin - tint the transparent window on the skin the covers the background (like my pictures provided). I don't know how to do that personally. But I'm sure people here do.

3 - Download a "dark" skin - Easy - there are several out, I recommend the "FM-View 2011 version1.1" by JackHammer, which can be found on FM-View. Also, anything that Tom Dixon releases is sick, and you could wait for his. I used his awesome "steklo 09.1 redux (LHS)" skin for the screenshots.

4 - Nothing - but that would just not help the problem. But you could be just overworked, and can't be bothered. I get that.

Hope that helps!
cheers,
minneapolisJon

Last edited:
Well, folks, we have just crossed 1000 downloads. Wow. It's been out for eight days offically. I am proud of this work, and clearly there is a need and desire for packs like this.

Stay tuned, as kumquat_s and I at FM-View have something planned for all you background lovers. If you loved this pack, just wait for what we have cooking in the kitchen...

Thank you for all your support.

cheers,
minneapolisJon

sounds good im starving lol
i edited the xml for it to work on matchdays only which it did but after the matchday the background stays on ie:doesent go bk to the default background for tht skin,could do with finding out how to do the tint thingy or filter so i can hav ur backgrounds on all the time cause its a gr8 pack!

sounds good im starving lol
i edited the xml for it to work on matchdays only which it did but after the matchday the background stays on ie:doesent go bk to the default background for tht skin,could do with finding out how to do the tint thingy or filter so i can hav ur backgrounds on all the time cause its a gr8 pack!

That is a glitch with the games coding, but as of right now no one has an answer for it. SI is working on it, and it'll be fixed via patch updates when it is solved. Sorry, there's nothing I can do for that one.

To stop them from sticking on each page do this, it works for me.

Open up the Global Panels.xml in the panels folder of the skin you're using in notepad and change the lines:

<!-- background picture - covers entire screen
<widget class="background" file="backgrounds/default">
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0"/>
<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="bgnd" set_property="file" skip_if_null="true"/>
</widget> -->

to:

<!-- background picture - covers entire screen -->
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />
<attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="bgnd" mode="1" set_property="hidn" skip_if_null="false" skip_if_resetting="false" />
</widget>
<widget class="background" file="backgrounds/default" hidden="true">
<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="bgnd" set_property="file" skip_if_null="false" />
<attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="bgnd" mode="0" set_property="hidn" skip_if_null="false" skip_if_resetting="false" />
</widget>

To stop them from sticking on each page do this, it works for me.

Open up the Global Panels.xml in the panels folder of the skin you're using in notepad and change the lines:

<!-- background picture - covers entire screen
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0"/>
<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="bgnd" set_property="file" skip_if_null="true"/>
</widget> -->

to:

<!-- background picture - covers entire screen -->
<attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="bgnd" mode="1" set_property="hidn" skip_if_null="false" skip_if_resetting="false" />
</widget>
<widget class="background" file="backgrounds/default" hidden="true">
<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="bgnd" set_property="file" skip_if_null="false" />
<attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="bgnd" mode="0" set_property="hidn" skip_if_null="false" skip_if_resetting="false" />
</widget>

And from out on the wing is Geordie with an assist.

Geordie - who figured that out? That's been a main issue with BG's for FM 2011. And, would you mind me copying that? I get that question in PM's all the time and It's nice to know that someone figured it out...

I got it from the SI forums months ago and just kept a note of it, not sure who it was that worked it out but I doubt he'd mind sharing with others.

excellent cheers for sharing tht i will get on to it shortly im a happy chappy now d:eek:p

Edit : yep works a treat nice one Geordie!

Last edited:
Well, we are over 2300 downloads for this pack. 1,300 downloads in the last five days. It is as of right now the most popluar download on FileFront with 100% popularity. So thank you to everyone for taking a pass on the megapack.

I know that there are a few teams whose stadiums are not showing on matchdays, and I'm working on that issue right now. There will be a new config.xml file to replace the current one.

I'll be posting the corrected Config.xml file in the OP, so grab it when it's done. The pack will work perfectly then. Don't be alarmed, the only issues with it are a few stadiums not showing on matchdays, but that doesn't hurt the game, your computer, or your gaming experience. It's all good, so keep downloading, just be sure to get the most out of your pack by grabbing the new config.xml when I am done with it.

Cheers,
minneapolisJon

Well, we've crossed 4,000 downloads in under four weeks, which far exceeded my expectations. The new pack, Top Leagues of Europe, will be out this week. It will contain the top leagues of at least ten nations, and many nations will have second and third tier leagues as well. Yeah, it's taken some time, but like most everything, good things are worth the wait.

I'll be posting a preview link here, so don't fret, you'll be able to see the pack in all of its' 1600x900, high resolution, non-streched glory. Just like we always do it.

cheers everyone!
minneapolisJon