Scullybug

Reaction score
Searched this and various other forums and couldnt find an answer to this.

I have a couple of young players in my team who are going to to become world class players (sime vrsaljko and a portuguese regen) and were starting to attract attention from big clubs. So I offered them new contracts and wanted to put fairly high release clauses in to tie them down to my club. However their agents refused to go higher than £26m and £20m respectively.

A year on and they both had great seasons and there is still interest and offers coming in which are getting worryingly close to their release clauses. I've tried offering new contracts with higher release clauses but their agents are having none of it. They are happy at the club and are winning trophies so whats their problem with having a higher release clause?

Not sure if this works but have you thought of setting a rediculously high asking price like 100m to prevent any clubs wanting to bid?

second what zzeezzy said, that's what i usually do..just put a ridiculous price tag on each of the players, that will deter anyone from making a bid...

Im playing with Villarreal.

I want to put the asking price really high but you cant put it higher than the release clause because no-one is going to willingly pay more than that, which is why Im wondering why their agents won't let me increase it

Try to put more things in the contract. One that i use alot is one more year if x number of games are made.

Also, i give them a ridicilous bonus if they score more than 50 goals (strikes not included, of course).

Btw, try to win some trophies, get a good rep and try to have some money in the banc

agree with mullen, or just improve any other terms in their contract