di2z

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm currently doing the pentagon challenge and i've just been promoted from the second tier in south africa through playoffs. Now, lots of players are running out of contracts and I also don't think they are good enough for the premiership.
So, will it affect my team badly if I release alot of players and get large amounts of new players in?
Any tips would be useful, thankyou!

Yes, having a big change in personnel can affect form really poorly, I'd reccomend signing most of your old players back, unless you're certain these new players are good enough to keep you up even playing disjointed, and without chemistry.

it should be ok if you play a lot of friendlies pre season, have high training on tactics and accept the fact your first few games may not go too well. Just need to get the familiarity up

As a lower league team I easily change half of my team every season, it's the best I think. Most of the time I also take the released youth players from bigger clubs under my wings and develop them in my own club. In the lower league it gives you some extra cash, if that players just develops a little bit.

it should be ok if you play a lot of friendlies pre season, have high training on tactics and accept the fact your first few games may not go too well. Just need to get the familiarity up

Unfortunately not. Ive repeatedly tested this issue with various teams at various points and it doesnt work like that. It helps but at least till October its impossible.

Actually Im not sure if its bringing in a lot of players which is the problem. I think you can bring in as many as you want in the squad but play more than a couple newies in a starting XI and you re done for.

Unfortunately not. Ive repeatedly tested this issue with various teams at various points and it doesnt work like that. It helps but at least till October its impossible.

Actually Im not sure if its bringing in a lot of players which is the problem. I think you can bring in as many as you want in the squad but play more than a couple newies in a starting XI and you re done for.
I released around 11 players altogether and one of my main centre midfielders got offered a contract by a 'bigger club' so he went there.
However, I still have the majority of my starting 11 so if I do sign lots on frees I can slowly introduce them into the team?