Relegation From Blue Square.

Have you ever been relegated on Football Manager and kept your job?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Ross 95

Web Designer!
Reaction score
Hey,

I was just wondering what happens when you get relegated from The Blue Square South? Do you lose your job or continue managing your team in the league you get relegated to.

you are sacked. On the note of being religated and keeping job....yes on fm07 i got Hull into the prem and was sent right back down but was not sacked.

i got sacked due to going into administration and kept my job think if the board know there was nothing you could do then they are more sympathetic

i took pne to the prem n chose consolidate at the sart of the season, finished 19th n kept my job n went straight back up :D

in Fm 08, if you got relagated from the Blue Sqaure North/South the game wouls crash,

On 08 i got Blyth To the BSP in my first season and got relagted straight back down but stayed :)

Started unemployed - Bury for 6 months, did a great job and offered at Portsmouth, where they were bottom of the league with 17 games remaining. Unfortunately, I failed to keep the team in the Premier League, but came straight back up with an impressive 128 points - 18 dropped points!

Blackpool you have choice of 'Attempt to Avoid Relegation' Which means doesn't matter what you do this season your job is pretty safe.

I got Nottingham Forest up in my first season then got them relegated in my first season of Prem my team was really weak yet I finished 19th.

if you are relegated from the divisions you chose to play in the game, you are automatically given your P45 and marching orders...as for other relegations, it depends on what the chairman/board expect. For example, if they expect you to battle relegation, they may keep you as manager if you are relegated, whereas if you choose mid-table finish or better, and are relegated, you will almost certainly be sacked.

You get sacked, I took cambridge united from blue square with goal to reach premiership, so far i'm on championship, 3 place, not too bad

id say u get sacked
my advice is to resign just as the odds of staying up are almost impossible

if you are relegated from the divisions you chose to play in the game, you are automatically given your P45 and marching orders...as for other relegations, it depends on what the chairman/board expect. For example, if they expect you to battle relegation, they may keep you as manager if you are relegated, whereas if you choose mid-table finish or better, and are relegated, you will almost certainly be sacked.

That is basically the best explenation, however there is an exception, for example if NEWCASTLE!! (or another big team) are about to get relegated when you take over then you may be allowed to keep the job next season as they will not blame you for relegation XD

But relegation from BSN will result in automatic sacking although they may come back up the next year so you can take back over! (probably manager less and with only 3 or 4 players?) Yay.

I was just wondering if you chose England to play in, with the premiership,with the Premiership being the lowest active league.Then if you get relegated from the Premiership will you get automatically sacked?

I got relegated with AFC Wimbledon last season and kept my job, but this was due to the fact we were expected to go down and finish bottom and expectation was to build fo next season really. Ended up finishing 18th and currently expected to bounce straight back :)

I voted no but then I remembered I did. So someone who didn't should vote he did :p

It depends on how well you have done in previous seasons to determine if you get the punt or not. For example i went Arbroath in the scottish second division. Gained promotion through the play offs. I saved the team from going down straight away by wining the relegation play off and was known as a legend on the club information screen. I was relegated by finishing bottom the previous season however wasnt sacked because the club held me in the higest regard

i have been relegated with stoke and kept my job and my aim was mid table i was really suprised

I got Bristol City promoted and finnished 18th in the prem and didn't get sacked