Davo99

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to permanently remove a patch and go back to playing the one before?

I was suffering from crash dumps from the off, and the 11.1 patch seemed to have sorted this for me. Then along came the 11.2.1 patch and it went back to crashing in the first game every time. So I'd like to just play on 11.1.0. Is this possible now 11.2.1 has been released?

I tried going to /C: Program Files/Steam/Steam Apps/Common/Updates/11.2.1 Patch and deleting the patch update so only 11.1.0 remains, however when I start up a game it still says version 11.2.1 at the top? Thought it might be Steam updating it again, so I tried starting in offline mode with my internet connection disabled. Again, no joy.

Is there a way of going back to playing bug free with 11.1.0?

I'm pretty sure if you start a new game you can choose which Patch to play with ?

Yeah, so did I.

I was getting the box that comes up and asks which one I want, with 11.1.0 being one, 11.2.1 being an other and the other option was Default.

Since deleting the 11.2.1 file that option is no longer there, leaving only the patch I want and the Default option. However every time when I press the patch I want and start loading up the leagues, it still starts up in 11.2.1?

That's why I started this thread. Nothing I'm doing is working?

Starting a new game only lets you choose the database you use. To remove a patch, you need to un-install, then re-install the game. However, if you're using Steam, it might not be that easy, as the game will just update to the latest version again. I have a DVD, so it's easy for me.

Meh, that's why whenever they release a patch I create a save game with an umemployed manager.