Replacement for Lamela after 1 Season

anak85

Reaction score
Hi!

I just got an offer of 62m€ (30m+30m) from Athletico for Lamela. He has performed well for me playing as a IF on the right wing but I have Gabriel Barbosa and his stats are now equal to Lamelas and he is still improving.

So, I need a good player that can come straight into the team and perform at PL level. But equally he doesn't need to be the finished product as he can be backup to Barbosa for a while if necessary.

Important, he needs a lot of upside but I don't want to wait 3 years for this upside to materialize.

Suggestions?

My budget is 40 -70m€.

Regards!
anak85

If I'd have 70M to spend I'd go for Griezmann.

Or a cheaper but quality option would be Pione Sisto.

If I'd have 70M to spend I'd go for Griezmann.

Or a cheaper but quality option would be Pione Sisto.

I am not sure Griezmann will want to join me / if Athletico will let him leave. Maybe once I sell them Lamela.

What about these?
Felipe Anderson (71m asking price)
Martial (75m asking price - but not trained right winger)
Bruma (18,5m release clause)
Hirving Lozano (12m asking price)
Juan Iturbe (44m asking price)
Shaqiri (28m asking price)

what about a cheap but as useful a player, zivkovic? hes a bargain and will perform v.well considering you have barbosa already

what about a cheap but as useful a player, zivkovic? hes a bargain and will perform v.well considering you have barbosa already

Already have him as my backup when injuries hit. But he is not yet good enough to play week-in week-out in the PL / CL... But I have high hopes for the future :)

i suppose i was playing as southampton! Mane is excellent scored bucket loads from me and always wants to leave, so might be available...
Anderson scores for fun, but pricey!

I've just said on another thread I got Gotze for 17 odd mil. Have a scout, see if Bayern are willing to let him go on your save and if he is willing to go. I'm paying him 170k a week (he wanted 230 originally though)

i suppose i was playing as southampton! Mane is excellent scored bucket loads from me and always wants to leave, so might be available...
Anderson scores for fun, but pricey!

Agreed. I'd take him but not sure 71m€ is a good investment.

I've just said on another thread I got Gotze for 17 odd mil. Have a scout, see if Bayern are willing to let him go on your save and if he is willing to go. I'm paying him 170k a week (he wanted 230 originally though)

They want 91m€ in my game.

Bernardo Silva all day everyday

His stats look great. I need to check later if he is still available with his relatively cheap release clause ~30m€. And whether he is willing to join...

Bernardo Silva
Yarmolenko
Berardi
Coutinho

Are the best Inside Forwards I've found that aren't at the top tier clubs (Barca/Real/Juve/Bayern/Chelsea etc.)

Demarai Gray. He can be a PBL leading winger from the off, I was reluctant to put him straight him but he barely dropped to a rating less than 7.4 per game. Won golden boy, young player of the year, England's players player of the year ect. Key part in me finishing 6th & 4th in the first two seasons.
View attachment 207261

I managed to get Bernardo Silva for 30m€ and sell Lamela to Man United for 58m€. That in my books is a bit of business Daniel Levy would be proud of ;-)

But I am not sure why Silva chose to join me at Spurs as Bayern Munich also had an offer accepted and I did not offer more than he was asking for. On the contrary - I negotiated pretty hard with him.

I managed to get Bernardo Silva for 30m€ and sell Lamela to Man United for 58m€. That in my books is a bit of business Daniel Levy would be proud of ;-)

But I am not sure why Silva chose to join me at Spurs as Bayern Munich also had an offer accepted and I did not offer more than he was asking for. On the contrary - I negotiated pretty hard with him.

Might have been that he was offered a back up / rotation role at Bayern and I guess you would at least be offering first team status :)

Get Zivkovic

Anak is right. Zivkovic is as good as i've seen in this game. I couldnt create anything with Mata or Bernardo Silva. Chucked in Zivkovic and he has the most amazing season.40 apps26 goals32 assistsPlay him on the right hand side cutting in. By your 3rd season he will be your best player.You're welcome ;)

Zivkovic is immense on all my saves i have signed him, and he's dirt cheap, nabbed him for 1.2 million once:)

Go for Nathan Redmond, still young, will improve much.
i got him for 10 m in my second season at Southampton.

Assist beast on the right wing, but i think you must train his finishing regularly :(

Pavon at Boca or Malcom of Corinthians( I think) are beasts! 2nd season at Watford and Pavon is really tearing up the BPL.