Replicating Jurgen Klopps pressing tactics

suarezzz7

Reaction score
I'm currently in my 1st season with Liverpool, things are going well so far, but the one thing that I cant seem to get right, is re-creating a tactic based around Klopps style and tactics. That pressing and harrassing players, winning the ball high back up the pitch resulting in less ground needed to be covered towards their goal, direct, fast and exciting football.

I've tried to make the tactic but just can't seem to get it right. I was wondering if anyone could share their thoughts and maybe help me towards recreating Klopps tactics.

Thanks

TJ

haha was doing this also it is a nightmare so complicated

There are various versions of gegen-pressing but ill give it a go:

Ok so first off its attacking or counter ideally its attacking that's his preference but depending on the team/fitness it can be counter but 1st choice is attacking.

The tempo wants to be very high or high again Klopp often wants his teams to play full throttle at a very fast pace but doesnt do it every game or all 90minutes to prevent burn out

Width is fairly narrow, its only the fullbacks that provide the width

Defensive line is at Highest, closing down much more

Play out of the defence and Exploit the middle

Direct Passing

Be more Expressive

Look for overlap

Run at defence

Stick to positions

the formation is also tricky essentially its 4-2-3-1 but again there are different versions.

He doesnt really play with wing backs technically but the do go forward a lot so most accurate I would say is full back but on attack on individual role however you want them to dribble more get forward and stay wide make sure not to cut inside the whole system fails if they come in too much as they are the main source of width.

1 DM and 1 CM I recommend Lucas as a defensive midfielder with Henderson as a box to box midfielder

this is where it gets tricky technically it should be 3 AMC's with countinho on the left hand side firminho as a shadow striker and lallana/Ibe on the right but coutinho and Ibe I found were naff when I did this so I recommend having them as AML, AMC and AMR but tell the AML and AMR to cut inside and not to drift to far out or the other way have them all in the centre and tell them to drift out either way not too much width all attacking all closing down which leads us to striker

One upfront either as a complete forward or a target man which works well with benteke Klopp is a big fan of him and tried to buy him himself

anyway thats pretty much gegen-pressing hope that helps!

:)