Reaction score
Hi guys, so today I'm going to start a new type of career- an international one. With my beloved home country, the Republic of Ireland. I'm going to start off by loading three editor data files: Level 24 England by Dan and Level 7 Ireland and 8 Northern Ireland by Sangue Blu. These are all excellent editor data files and I'd very strongly recommend them to anyone who's up for that kind of game.

View attachment 1003350THE BACKGROUND
So, Ireland haven't had a fantastic few years recently. Let's see what Wikipedia has to say about em.
'
The Republic of Ireland national football team (Irish: Foireann sacair náisiúnta Phoblacht na hÉireann) represents Ireland inassociation football. It is governed by the Football Association of Ireland (FAI) and plays its home fixtures at the Aviva Stadium inDublin.The team made their debut at the 1924 Summer Olympics, reaching the quarter-finals. Between 1924 and 1936, the team competed as the Irish Free State and from then until 1950, it was referred to by the FAI as Éire or Ireland. In 1953, FIFA decreed that for competitive matches in tournaments that both Irish teams may enter, the FAI team would be officially called the Republic of Ireland while the IFA team was to be named Northern Ireland.[2] Northern Ireland was allowed to use the title Ireland by FIFA in the Home International Competition until it was discontinued in 1984. Ireland was the first nation from outside the United Kingdom to defeatEngland at home at a fixture played at Goodison Park, Liverpool, in 1949. The team also reached the Quarter Final stage of the1964 European Nations' Cup, where they lost to the eventual winners Spain.
Under the guidance of Jack Charlton, the team enjoyed its most successful era, reaching their highest FIFA ranking ever which was 6th in the world in August 1993, and qualifying for UEFA Euro 1988 in their first appearance at the UEFA European Championship, reaching the quarterfinals of the 1990 FIFA World Cup in their first ever appearance at the finals, and making the last 16 at the 1994 FIFA World Cup. Charlton's successor Mick McCarthy lost out on the next two major tournaments but ultimately qualified for the2002 World Cup, making it to the last 16. Under Giovanni Trapattoni, the team narrowly lost out on qualification for the 2010 World Cup during a controversial play-off, but went on to qualify for UEFA Euro 2012.
The team failed to qualify for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil which marked the end of Giovanni Trapattoni's tenure as manager. Ireland also fell to a record low FIFA ranking of 59th. The team fell further to a record low of 70th in June 2014.[3] For the next Euro qualifying campaign under manager Martin O'Neill, Ireland finished third behind Germany and Poland, but went on to qualify for Euro 2016 after a 3-1 aggregate win over Bosnia and Herzegovina in the play-offs.'

The draw for the World Cup qualifiers has been made. Our group is:
SERBIA
WALES
MOLDOVA
AUSTRIA
IRELAND
GEORGIA

My thoughts: Well, that's an easy group. Serbia are average on a good day. The same can be said for Austria. Wales are basically Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale and Bale, Moldova aren't exactly world powerhouses, and Georgia's best player has just signed for Brentford. Brentford. On a free. After leaving a German Third Division club. Enough said.

Our next match is against Scotland. This is one of our crucial matches cos we need to win a lot of matches if we are to qualify for the Euros. In case you didn't know, our group for the Euros is (in this order) Germany, Poland, us, Scotland, Georgia and Faroe Islands. With 4 games to go, and a substantial points difference between us and Poland, we need to win these matches.

Last edited:
Nice Start!

As a fellow Irish man, I'll be following.

Do us all proud! ;)