paddy420

Reaction score
I've created a data edit with a new nation, teams, comps ect... basicly here's a little story behind the new system:

In 2007, the small island of Tuvalu in the Oceania region was invaded & eventually taken over by General Paul Grundy & his Kingstopian Army.

The invasion was swift & was completed within a week. The United Nations do not agree with the violent takeover of the former nation of Tuvalu but have not declared sanctions & therefor the new nation is not affiliated with the UN & the Kingstopian FA would not a member of FIFA. The OFC (Oceania Football Confediration) accepted the new nation as an associate member.

A year after the formation of Kingstopia, the nation set ip it's Football Association (KFA) with a view to start competative football on the island & internationaly for the 2009-2010 season.

General Paul Grundy, founder of Kingstopia, has appointed himself as the manager of the Kingstopian senior national side.

The new league system consists of 2 senior divisions, 1 reserve division & a number of cups:

• Kingstopian A League - the top flight league will consist of 6 teams & after 4 rounds (20 games) the team with the most points is declared the Kingstopian champion. The team that finishes the season in last place will face a play off game with the B League champion to save their top flight status. (rep: 4)

• Kingstopian B League - just below the A League is a 4 team division known as the B League. The 4 teams play eachother over 6 rounds (18 games) & the team that ends the season in 1st place are crowned B League champions & qualify for the promotion/relegation play off with the bottom placed A League side. (rep: 2)

• Kingstopian 2nd League - the 2nd League consists of all 10 Kingstopian sides 2nd teams. The 10 reserve sides will play over 2 rounds (18 games) & the team that finishes with the most points is declared 2nd League champions. (rep: 1)

• Kingstopian Open Cup - as the name suggests, the Open Cup is a tournament for all 10 Kingstopian senior teams & will take place after the A & B Leagues have completed their fixtures. (rep: 3)

• Kingstopian Major Cup - the Major Cup is open to all 6 A League teams. (rep: 2)

• Kingstopian Minor Cup - the Minor Cup is open to all 4 B League teams. (rep: 1)

• Kingstopian Season Opener - the Season Opener is a high profile exhibition match that takes place a week before the start of the league season between the previuis seasons A League champions & the winners of the Open Cup. (rep: 1)

525px-Flag_of_the_Benin_Empire.svg.png
The Kingstopian national flag, depicting General Grundy beheadding the former leader of Tuvalu. The red background symbolises the Kingstopian blood that was shed in the invasion.

I'll be deleting one of my stories (probably my Ireland one) in order to do a story on this.

Heh, glad you like it... I was going through google images looking for random flags, saw that & thought "thats a keeper" lol

Question:

Whats the code to config nations flags? is it the same as large/small/bg logo's for clubs?

I was hoping to do something similar. Did you overwrite a nation to create it, or is there a way to create a new country?

Overwrite a nation. Go for one of the Oceanic nations coz there's not a great deal of stuff to delete. Wallis & Futuna is my personal fave but they don't compete internationaly as much as others.

Overwrite a nation. Go for one of the Oceanic nations coz there's not a great deal of stuff to delete. Wallis & Futuna is my personal fave but they don't compete internationaly as much as others.

or maybe liechtenstein as that way they are european but liechtenstein doesn't get any european qualification places as it doesn't have a league although it does have a europa league place for the winners of the liechtenstein cup, normally fc vaduz.

Didn't think of that one... I'll probably stick with Tuvalu though, it's far more tin-pot sounding then any European country. Which is the idea, football dynasty created from day 1.

okay mate but i thaught it may be a good future refernece because if the coefficents are dynamic then you might be eventually able to get a place in the champions league by overwriting liechtenstein. whereas your club teams would be in the oceanian version.

theres only 6 teams in the first division and i can find better players in the blue square north/south, just doesn't seem like it would make a very interesting save

I think it would have been better if you had more teams in each division, maybe 8 or 10 in each at least.

Better players in the blue sq n/s... yeah your missing the point. This is a new nation starting from scratch. By about 2050 maybe the teams will have developed youth facilities & you will have ok/good players but the whole idea is a new nation starting from day 1 of football.

8/10 teams per division... I could do that but then I feel I would lose the principle of a small tin pot nation. Iv put in only a 6 & a 4 team division to make the league look as poor quality as possible. Everyone makes stuff (including myself) like euro super leagues or new systems with loads of money & all the ronaldo's & messi's you can find but I'm doing something different from the other end of the spectrum... no money, no contracts (to start with while teams are still amateur), no prestige & hardly any rep. I thought it was a good idea & I'll enjoy playing it & doing a story on it anyway.

Is there anyway to change what name set is used for a Nation for creating new people? ie to make them sound like names from a specific culture?

Didn't you already have a thread like this?

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

Oh wait I just remembered that that was the story :p

Nice Databse mate,Just had a read of your story and its really interesting,Good contributions to the site mate....Keep It Up

Is there anyway to change what name set is used for a Nation for creating new people? ie to make them sound like names from a specific culture?

you would have to change the language of the nation and all of it's cities which can take a long time if it's a big nation.

e.g. if you changed all of liechtenstein's cities to speak arabic then all of the names would mirror the names from countries like the united arab emirates. and if you changed some to portugese and some to chinese then you would get a mix of the 2 coming through.

Okay, so what if I add a new language using the editor, and then give cities that lanbguage?

Just had lots of fun playing with Kingston Royals------but 6 teams ia bit dull so I am thinking of putting all teams into a single 10-team league