Reputation and Getting Hired by a Big Club

PinePHresh

Reaction score
what reputation would i need to use if i want to get offered a job at a big italian club when starting in the lower leagues? I don't want to have to win Serie A just to get the chance to take over a worse-off club.

if i start as a 'professional footballer' and win C2, C1, B, and have a good position in A would that be enough?

any insight into how the manager reputation system works is appreciated.

On my first game, I managed Liverpool for a season with only an FA Cup win and got offered the Barca job the following summer after Pep left for Spain (poor performance in the euros.) Just an example though, I think professional footballers could get the job after a few months in B or lower.

Former Pros can get most jobs straight away I think. If you really wanna earn it start as a Sunday League Footballer.

I started as Intl. Footballer, and my first job was at Gladbach, which is relatively "big".

I started as the lowest rating of new manager in C2/B with Castel di Sangro (Had to add them in using the editor) and by the time I was in Serie B i was being linked to jobs such as Ipswich and Rostock.

Halfway through my first Serie A season i was doing quite well and started to get linked with big teams although the only offers i got were from Fiorentina and Inter. I turned them down of course as i couldnt bear to play against a team id built from scratch. That was 6 seasons in.

Started game with the automatic and unemployed setting. First job I got was with Torino, still haven't been linked with any other jobs yet, perhaps it's because I signed a 4 year deal with them after I got promoted second season with them.

i started with automatic and unemployed, spent 5 years at hereford united taking them to the premier league and an FA cup final before leaving to manager Gladbach, ive won the title twice in 5 seasons there and a german cup as well as getting to the knock out rounds of European cup competitions every season ive been in them.

ive just been offered the the barcelona job with a wage budget of 5 million a week and a transfer budget of 584 million pounds lol

For me, i started with automatic and Frankfurt is my first team. I won German 2nd Division's title and got promoted but lose in second round of German Cup. Then i resign and manage Freinburg which been relegated from first division of German league. With Freinburg, i won German 2nd Division again and won German Cup win over Leverkusen and been qualify for Europa. But, my reputation still "national" . And when i apply for another club at first division such as Man Utd, they laugh at my interest. **** them. Haha. *Sorry for my english. :)

I started with Brighton as a Pro footballer. Got sacked and went to Germany to manage FC Energie Cottbus. I've been there for three seasons now and have just started getting offers from higher reputation clubs.

Former Pros can get most jobs straight away I think.
g.gif

Most people have kinda said how it works. I'll put my two pennies worth in.

If you start as no football exp it just takes longer to build that reputation up than if you started as a international footballer.

Basically you gain world class rep after a couple of seasons with a top club. Likewise the job offers coming firing at you.

If you start with no exp and normally at a lower club it takes several seasons to build up a rep, some has said it takes 6 seasons to get good job offers.

You stay classy......

I started as a Sunday League footballer and took over Deportivo la Coruna in November 2011, sitting in 11th place.

Managed to get them promoted via play offs. For the 12/13, 13/14 and 14/15 seasons I finished just above the relegation zone (can't remember exactly for always around 14/15th place. In the 15/16 season I managed to get hold of Mbaye Niang on a free (worth £16.25m now) and two regens both worth £10m+, and came 2nd in the league, with only Real Madrid above me by 2 points on 79.

So yet, I apply for jobs ranging from Man Utd/Barcelona, down to a relegated Villareal/Portsmouth, and i get laughed off from them all. The only jobs I have been offered are Wycombe and Rochdale... I mean come on, getting Deportivo to 2nd and in the Champions League?