laffles

Reaction score
Right, I've got a bunch of article ideas to help you folks on here create your own tactics and stuff.

Here's a list of a few
-Creating an effective attacking system
-Creating an effective defensive system
-Tactical Synergy
-Set Pieces
-Using shouts to your advantage

Comment me with the ones you want me to do first! Please also comment about ones I'm missing and you'd like me to write!

Don't ask me if I'm releasing tactics this year, I am, they just aren't ready yet.

Much Love <3

I have a request if that's alright...

I really could do with help with Using Playmakers; Balance between Duties and Midfield Roles that work well and I would love some help on set pieces!

(I'm really struggling in the championship with AFC Wimbledon, my team's full of flair and creative midfielders (defensive and attacking balance but I can't get them to work well)

*only issue is that they're a young squad and my board are unhappy with me signing youngsters so really need to turn it around with this team to shut them up and let me build a
young team for profiting

Thanks

These all seem very good topics! But what is tactical synergy? Anyways, I would love to have a guide on shouts, since as an old-school CM player I'm still trying to adapt myself into this world of wizard-based FM :D

(if there is a killer shouts guide lying around there somewhere could someone point me in the right direction thanks)

These all seem very good topics! But what is tactical synergy? Anyways, I would love to have a guide on shouts, since as an old-school CM player I'm still trying to adapt myself into this world of wizard-based FM :D

(if there is a killer shouts guide lying around there somewhere could someone point me in the right direction thanks)

Tactical Synergy is just how to make your tactic that little bit more effective. Basically fine tuning.

And I'm the same, I often forget about shouts. I'm much more of a classic player!

I have a request if that's alright...

I really could do with help with Using Playmakers; Balance between Duties and Midfield Roles that work well and I would love some help on set pieces!

(I'm really struggling in the championship with AFC Wimbledon, my team's full of flair and creative midfielders (defensive and attacking balance but I can't get them to work well)

*only issue is that they're a young squad and my board are unhappy with me signing youngsters so really need to turn it around with this team to shut them up and let me build a
young team for profiting

Thanks

Alrighty, this I can do :p

technique stat in relation to other stats like:

• tackling
  • heading
  • shooting
  • passing
I would like your thoughts or any ones thoughts on this as this is one of the few things I have not got an answer to..

for example:

would a player with passing stat of 16 and 17 technique pass the ball better (technically) than a player with 20 passing and 8 technique

does technique affect the quality (match representation) of other stats?

• tackling
  • heading
  • shooting
  • passing
I would like your thoughts or any ones thoughts on this as this is one of the few things I have not got an answer to..

for example:

would a player with passing stat of 16 and 17 technique pass the ball better (technically) than a player with 20 passing and 8 technique

These links may help:

Player Attributes | Football Manager 2013 Guide

Important Attribute Combinations | Football Manager 2013 Guide

So, to follow your example above re. passing - Passing determines how accurately a player is capable of passing the ball whereas Technique determines how well a player can handle more challenging technical actions such as difficult passes and/or long range passes.

Thinking it through even more, I guess we could extend this into the realms of PPMs, so (for example) don't set an "attempt long range pass" or "curl shots into the corner" if a player's Technique score is low.

I'm actually working on a recommended PPM per position guide, so this Technique attribute issue is probably worth building into it.

(NOTE - this "guide" is based on this work Player Preferred Moves | Football Manager 2013 Guide which lists PPMs and positions they would be useful for - I'm trying to spin this around to list positions/roles with recommended PPMs).

how about something about how to make a tac for lower league cos need some help making a tac

Couple more ideas for you...

Fullbacks vs Wingbacks
Wingers vs Inside forwards

I think these are interesting articles, as to make them work properly I think you need a proper supporting system with the right duties.

• tackling
  • heading
  • shooting
  • passing

for example:

That's quite an interesting idea! Never really thought about that much. Will look into it

How about creating a proper ball playing centre back? The default settings don't really do the trick.

How about creating a proper ball playing centre back? The default settings don't really do the trick.
I dont think I can devote a whole article to a single role, sorry

• tackling
  • heading
  • shooting
  • passing

for example:

All Done!