Request for Southampton 1980-84 (Keegan, Channon et al)

rocheyb

Reaction score
Dear Kit-makers of the FM Universe,

I would like to make a special request for somebody to recreate for me the Southampton home and away kits of the early 1980s, which were worn by the likes of Kevin Keegan and Mick Channon. I have tried to do them myself but I can't find the correct Patrick kit template and I'm really not that good at kit-making, anyway.

Please refer to the attached photos for reference. Notice the detail under the arms, which is just visible on either side when viewed from the front. I would like them in the SS style, please, but with the modern sponsor aap3 and the club badge sitting free (no circle around it). For a third kit, please recreate the 1976 FA Cup yellow, but with a Patrick badge rather than Admiral just to keep consistent with the other two.

Club: Southampton (1980-1984)
Style: SS
Kit Manufacturer: Patrick
Main Sponsor: aap3

Home shirt: View attachment 375885View attachment 375886
Away shirt: View attachment 375887
Third shirt: View attachment 375888

If you are also able to create the in-match 3D versions, then I would be very grateful. Again, I have tried to do this myself, but the templates in the Editor don't allow for that detail under the arms, which I would like to have. But if you can't do the in-match versions then no worries - they will be easier to request elsewhere once I have the SS styles for reference.

Many thanks in advance.

Slightly modified:

View attachment 472840View attachment 384677View attachment 472839View attachment 472838View attachment 472837View attachment 472836

Info for MrBudgen (who has kindly agreed to have a go at producing 3D versions of these kits).

I imagine these kits as a modern take on a retro design, so I'm not concerned about the lines on the collar and I like the Patrick logo on the chest, rather than the arm, where the Premier League logo would go these days.

Home Shirt: As shown in Strongo83's design
Home Shorts: Black with a white stripe on either side - same width as the white stripe on the shirt that goes up to the arms; white Patrick logo on the bottom left (player's right)
Home Socks: White with two red hoops on the turnover and a black Patrick logo between the stripes.

The Away kit is the same design as the home:

Away Shirt: As shown in Strongo83's design
Away Shorts: Dark blue with light blue stripes and Patrick logo
Away Socks: Light blue with dark blue hoops on the turnover and dark blue Patrick logo

The third kit is a fantasy design based on the Admiral yellow kit of the 1976 FA Cup final - but done as a Patrick kit for consistency:

View attachment 472834

Third Shirt: As shown above in Strongo83's design
Third Shorts: Blue with yellow stripes - blue Patrick logos repeated within the stripes - white Patrick logo on front of shorts
Third Socks: Yellow with blue hoops and blue Patrick logo in between

Many thanks in advance, MrBudgen.

Last edited: