Request New Stadium Succesfully on FM2011

JLdeWeers

Reaction score
I am starting this thread to try and summarize everything on Building a new stadium on FM2011. I gathered most information from different threads on building a new stadium, attendances, and my long running save with Ajax.

I guess some of the game mechanics may work the same for other versions of the game.

I have found 4 factors that affect building a new stadium;

- Attendance
- Boardroom
- Finance
- '20 Years Rule'

I believe the most important factor in getting a new stadium is Attendance. Not only the average attendance, but in my opinion the most important hidden attendance, the so-called potential attendance were there seats available. Found on the right of the screen when making a board request. Your hidden attendance should be higher than the current potential of your stadium in order to get a new one. Holland's population stayed the same at 16,5M, so population does not really seem to limit getting a new bigger stadium (I never coached in a very small country).

Potential Attendance in 2010,2020, 2030 and 2050;
View attachment 233826View attachment 233827View attachment 233828View attachment 233829

If your 'attendance' is high enough, you have to persuade the Boardroom to build a new stadium.
Dealing with the boardroom is the most tricky part in getting a new stadium built.

First you have to make the request to build a new stadium. I believe a good reputation and relation with the club help. I have no experiences with getting a new stadium built after recently joining a club, so i think you have to be at the club for a while. For my 2nd and 3rd new stadium, I saved the game before making a board request, but both requests were approved immediately.

First, second and third stadium request;
View attachment 233831View attachment 233832View attachment 233821

If you get your request approved, the planning begins. Planning may take a few years and this is where a 'luck' factor comes into play. First planning seems to last one month or year, until the next shareholders meeting at the end of the season. There will be decided wether building begins or planning continues. If planning is delayed it may say planning will take three or four more years, but on next year's meeting a new decision will be made.

Planning and day before shareholders meeting;
View attachment 233833View attachment 233834View attachment 233835
If you save before the meeting, you may reload and have a new meeting if the outcome is not desired ('luck').

The higher your clubs reputation and attendance, the bigger the odds of succes I would think. I don't feel Finance has too much to do with it. You may have to have some money in your balance, but you can take out a big loan on the stadium and get stadium sponsorship which covers part of the costs. When building of a new stadium is approved, you get a news message informing you of the financing, building time and capacity of the new stadium.

New Stadium News, Balance, Income and Expenditure;
View attachment 233837View attachment 233838View attachment 233839View attachment 233839

Building time depends on capacity I guess, and building may take a few more months to complete. I think that if your new stadium has a retractable roof, local council board will always block expansion. At least that's my experience. I'm not sure wether a local council can also block a new stadium. Guess you may need good corporate facilities for that.

Expansion blocked;
View attachment 233840

Stadiums in FM2011 have a '20 Years Rule' where you cannot build a new stadium until the current stadium is 20 years old, to the year and not exact, so you can request a new stadium on the 1st of January when the current stadium is old enough. I don't believe there is any way such as a board takeover to get around this 20 year period.

Request on 1 jan 2063 and stadium overviews;
View attachment 233821View attachment 233822View attachment 233823

First new stadium in 2021, second new stadium in 2043 and third new stadium in 2065. One (and a half) year of planning and another year of building to bridge the gaps.

I would love to get some feedback on this.

Cheers!

Last edited:
New Man City Stadium in 2022. Planning took only six months and the news message says the club took out a loan, but there's no outstanding loan because the chairmen paid for all of it (of course he did);
View attachment 246070

Think I may be in love with this.
df43.jpg

sf44.jpg

On a new save I tried to get a new stadium with Ajax much faster, by signing a lot of great players using the 48 month clause to sign a lot of players in the first few seasons.
http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums...New Ajax Worldwide 2017/AjaxTransfers2010.png

I won the Champions Cup in 2012, 2013, 2016 and 2017, after which club's reputation was worldwide and they accepted my request for a new stadium. In my previous Ajax save planning for the new stadium took 3 years and was finished after I won the Champions Cup (boasting my reputation and 'hidden' attendance), on this save planning took one year and was finished, again, after winning a Champions Cup. When trying to build a new stadium it helps a lot to win Champions Cups.

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums...Ajax Worldwide 2017/NewAjaxStadiumRequest.png
http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums...jax Worldwide 2017/NewAjaxStadiumNews2017.png
http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums...New Ajax Worldwide 2017/NewAjaxHonors2017.png

Last edited: