Mulagar

Reaction score
Many FM newbie like myself dont know the true value of tutoring. I had never used it until one of my coach incessantly told me to. As many of the veterans would know, the result of a successful tutoring could be astounding. Personality changes to mimic the tutor, attribute like determination would skyrocket (to match the tutor ?), PPM can be "inherited" and better squad harmony.

While there are information we can gleam from just googling, it'd be great if the cumulative knowledge about tutoring can be found in one single thread.

It doesn't have all the information though.
One main information that is missing from that guide is personality compatibility.

For example steps one need to take for an "Unsporting" player to turn into a "Professional" character.
As far as I know first you have to find a personality that is somewhat compatible like "Balanced" otherwise the tutor and tutee simply would not mesh with each other resulting in a failed tutoring.

Only after the personality has changed to something better can you can tutor him again to mold him into an even better personality.

It doesn't have all the information though.
One main information that is missing from that guide is personality compatibility.

For example steps one need to take for an "Unsporting" player to turn into a "Professional" character.
As far as I know first you have to find a personality that is somewhat compatible like "Balanced" otherwise the tutor and tutee simply would not mesh with each other resulting in a failed tutoring.

Only after the personality has changed to something better can you can tutor him again to mold him into an even better personality.

I think that it actually IS in there. Just scroll down and click the " How to match players with tutors"
But uou are spot on here, a player needs to understand his tutor so its better to tutor his personality gradually

I think that it actually IS in there. Just scroll down and click the " How to match players with tutors"
But uou are spot on here, a player needs to understand his tutor so its better to tutor his personality gradually

Oh my, I -am- blind. In my defense the way the layout works makes it look like the field is part of the advertising. My brain simply block that area automatically.

I think that the most important thing about tutoring is that it should be considered before confirming the transfers of a new player.

- If he has low values in his mental stats, then firstly consider if you actually have a player to tutor him. If that tutor "matches" him and if you have one more tutor that " matches" the first tutor, the kind of personality that the youngster will move towards.

- If so, then make sure you dont give the youngster a too important role in the team just because the agent tells you to give him it.

-Don wait with the tutoing, do it straight away. The youngster needs to get his mental stats( especially his ambition stat) up wuickly so he develops in time, in time to get some first team experience to get even better.

I think that the most important thing about tutoring is that it should be considered before confirming the transfers of a new player.

- If he has low values in his mental stats, then firstly consider if you actually have a player to tutor him. If that tutor "matches" him and if you have one more tutor that " matches" the first tutor, the kind of personality that the youngster will move towards.

- If so, then make sure you dont give the youngster a too important role in the team just because the agent tells you to give him it.

-Don wait with the tutoing, do it straight away. The youngster needs to get his mental stats( especially his ambition stat) up wuickly so he develops in time, in time to get some first team experience to get even better.

Does a player get better mental stats from picking improve game or take under wing?