Nedders91

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've added my U23 team into the league and when I start the season says too many teams. How do I extend this?

When you say you added the U23 Team was it a case of you just adding straight or did you replace another team? If you did just add them you now have two options either go into the league and increase the number of teams allowed or just remove one of the other teams in the league effectively swapping your U23's for the other team. Both options need to be done in the pre-game editor and are relatively simple to do just search for the competition and edit.

When you say you added the U23 Team was it a case of you just adding straight or did you replace another team? If you did just add them you now have two options either go into the league and increase the number of teams allowed or just remove one of the other teams in the league effectively swapping your U23's for the other team. Both options need to be done in the pre-game editor and are relatively simple to do just search for the competition and edit.

How do I increase the teams as I just added it to the league

To increase the number of teams in a league going from previous editions is quite time consuming as you need to go into the XML files, which if you are an inexperienced editor can be confusing and is easy to make an error resulting in corrupting the data. It is far easier to just remove another team from the league if you don't know what you are doing.

To be fair I haven't done much with the editor this year so can't really explain how to increase the league size in this version, I do know it was fiddly in earlier game versions and I wouldn't want to give incorrect info. Someone else more experienced than myself maybe able to help if you don't want to remove another team.