Reserve leagues in countires other than England

kurtkeoki

Reaction score
I've noticed that countries like Germany and Italy have U23 type teams, but these teams don't have any/many matches scheduled. Is there supposed to be a league for these teams, or do I have to manually schedule friendlies for these teams to get matches? The biggest advantage England has outside of being very competitive is that it has a reserve league in addition to the U18 league so I can carry a bigger roster of players while ensuring that they all get some game time in. I'd like to be able to use the same strategy in Germany.

German youth teams definitely play alot of matches ( A)because I managed Bayern briefly on one of my saves, and B) because I have been to see a few Dortmund youth matches with some friends in Germany). However, I can't remember if they have their own league of if they just play in the lower German leagues (Like in Spain). Got a feeling it could be the latter, but not sure...

On a slightly related note, what are the rules for U19 leagues in Spain? It seems that older players can play for them (as older players coming back from injury can play to regain match fitness), but I can't see any rules anywhere explaining the squad rules.

On a slightly related note, what are the rules for U19 leagues in Spain? It seems that older players can play for them (as older players coming back from injury can play to regain match fitness), but I can't see any rules anywhere explaining the squad rules.

Not sure, but it normally tells you if you go into the tactics screen of the U19 squad, and at the bottom it should say squad rules or something like that (You need to press the arrow next to it to see the rules). In England I am fairly sure it is 3 over 23 player can play in the reserves...

Hmmm, it states that players must be aged 18 or younger on a particular date, but looking back through this season's fixtures, Darren Fletcher, Ross Turnbull and Ademlison (20 atm) have all played. But to be honest, I'm sure more players have come back from injury and I have right clicked - available for U19 until match fit option, yet they don't seem to be in any of the match day squads.

Edit: Actually, I have just noticed a few other players in there as well. The older players actually appear to be playing in random friendlies though, not actually in U19 league games.

Last edited:
Edit: Actually, I have just noticed a few other players in there as well. The older players actually appear to be playing in random friendlies though, not actually in U19 league games.

Well friendlies have no restrictions at all, so that'll explain that :)