Reserve Team Does BETTER Than My 1st Team

SimonP12

Reaction score
Playing as Gloucester, in the first match (Gloucester City v Gloucester City Reserves) the reserve team play FANTASTICALLY well.

They don't misplace passes, tackling is always spot on and every time they go forward and shoot the ball either ends up in the net or gets the keeper in a blind panic.

Now, the first team can't pass properly, chicken out of tackles, kick the ball to the opposition and won't bother scoring even if the goal is wide open.

Has anybody else had the same issue? This is not life-like at all, and my tactics are common sense ones (keep it short and get forward as often as possible). I think my assistant must be Mourinho in disguise as the Reserves are storming it.

So you got outplayed once by your reserves in a game with you using a new tactic and before any preseason games?
Try playing more than one game?

Yeah if you've just started out you must give your team time to adjust to your tactics. They won't magically improve straight away. Had this myself. Had another and mullered them as they were fully adjusted. When you play your reserves the guy in charge of the reserves will know the players far better, motivate them better and know them inside out so you'll have that disadvantage. Be patient

Lol this is a prime example of what I hate when a game is first out.. People claiming that the game has a bug when in reality the person isn't giving the game a chance at all.. Common sense is needed..

Err, Dan I never claimed there was a bug - just thought it a bit strange to be outplayed by my reserves.

Tactics and everything else aside, a first team should never lose to it's reserve team. The tactic I chose wasn't one that would make them feel awkward, and it was actually funny to see a reserve side ping the ball about like Barca!

Managed to beat them 2-0 eventually.