Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Reserve team not playing competitive matches

Reaction score
I am playing FC bayern and my reserve team does not have a division. It is year 2016. I used to have a small roster on that team but now it's packed with players. Anyone know how I can fix this? I'd rather have my 18-20 year olds play on my U23 team than being loaned out, because then I can spot their development and train them etc.

Reaction score
I don't think ive ever seen them in a division tbh! Ive managed many German teams and only Dortmund II ever seem to be in a division

Reaction score
are they not supposed to play competitive matches then? Shouldn't my reserve manager be organizing friendlies?

Reaction score
You have to arrange friendly matches yourself for the reserves at bayern

Reaction score
I have the same with Almere city (jupiler league). However the 2nd team isn't called like Almere City B, but it's called omniworld fc. And i couldn't register the team at the start for reserve competition as i could with Ajax.