cmpep2

Reaction score
Hi all.

No doubt I’m about to make the classic newcomer error to any internet forum, in that I’ll ask a question that has been discussed at length before and has an easily findable answer. But I’ll have a go anyway. And I promise I've tried the search function.

My current game is about standard for me, got FM13, started with the mighty Cambridge, eight – ten years later, we arrive in the Premier League and qualify for Europe. Probably not any sort of record, probably quite pedestrian. I really like the challenge of going through the leagues.

Anyway, now I’ve reached the promised land, the issue I have is that I’m not fighting any of the teams / players that really exist. What I need is a button that brings time (and players) back to their 2013 standings (i.e. the game at minute one), but I retain everything about myself and my record / standing, my team that I’ve spent countless hours building, my staff, etc. Steven Gerrard as both my coach and Liverpool captain may pose issues, but I’d be happy if the players that had migrated into my team as backroom staff or ex kids now in their thirties were just deleted from their starting teams. And I'd also be happy if whomever Cambridge replaced in the Premier League (ooooh, Reading? Don't mind) ended up in the Blue Square with an uber squad as a trade off, it wouldn't upset my game too much.

I see FM has an editor mode (but I've never used it and I'm pretty incompetent with such things), and there is an export function for user vs user games and competitions. Is there an easy way to accomplish what I’d like to do? Or am I trapped with either made up players on every team in 2022 or hours of tinkering?

Thanks in advance for any help.

You can't expect to play for 10 years and still have the same players around, the only option you'd have is to use the Editor to put Cambridge into the Prem and fill it with the players you want.

Thanks, chaps. Good to know there is no obvious thing I've missed.

Obviously, TJD07, I don't expect to play for ten years and have the same players around. This facet (of starting with a non league team, getting to the top only to be a little underwhelmed with some made up guys filling the teams) may be both natural and unavoidable, but it's something other FM players I know have also commented is a bit of a shame. I don't know that I care enough, however, to spend lots of time in the editor.

Perhaps no-one else cares and it'll never come up again, perhaps a cure-all button in FM 14 would be easy to implement. Meh! :)

Last edited: