LFCMarshall

YNWA.
Reaction score
Anyone ever had this,

During my Napoli season i applied for the M.United job when Fergie retired.. Only to get this..

Thought it was a bit harsh considering Id Won the league, Came in top 3 twice and Won the Italian Super cup every year...

BTW: I resigned, didnt get the United job, but got the England job... :)

Nope never had it, The board never said anything when I applied of the Barcelona job when I was at Malaga.

Happened to me a few times. Last time it happened, I was Reading. I'd won League Cup 3 years running, and finished top 3 in Prem for last 2 seasons. Arsenal job became available, they were league champions so I applied as media said I was one of the favourites to get the job. Reading board gave me the choice, I apologized only to be sacked 2 weeks later cos of fans complaining. Never got approached by Arsenal, ended up managing Sheff Utd in Championship cos it was only job available.

Yea i started to worry when i resigned and didnt get the job, Luckily Italy and England both offered me jobs..

Although i cant get a top club side.... Playing career was professional but my rep is now continental after winning serie A...

I think once it happens your job is never the same again, unless ofcourse you manage to time it well enough so there is a distraction :)

and FrameAdam: thats unlucky! Just get Sheff Utd up there and they'll regret it lol

I've had this a few times from applying for bigger teams, I just apologize and always seem to get away with it so if I don't get the other job my current board are still happy enough to keep me in charge.

I thought ill risk it and resign, Luckily England came along...

Haha, This happened to me when i was managing Everton, i applied for a different club, they offered me the chance to resign and apologise, i apologized and then they still sacked me haha

I always resign in these situations, I don't want to be the chairman's *****.