ZeCarlos

Reaction score
View attachment 452978
June 2013
Erick Thohir Completes Inter Purchase

View attachment 452972

Indonesian businessman Erick Thohir has purchased 70 per cent of the club's shares after prolonged talks with Nerazzurri board members finally came to an end. Thohir has been in talks with Nerazzurri supremo Massimo Moratti for a number of months after Moratti allegedly refused to allow the Indonesian to purchase a 100 per cent stake in the Italian club. However, a deal has finally been agreed which will see Thohir own 70 per cent of the club's shares, and Moratti believes the club is in good hands.

Moratti released an official statement which read: "The deal has taken a long time, but eventually we have got there. Everything seems to be in the balance and I'm satisfied with the outcome. I've accepted a role of Honorary President under Erick Thohir and look forward to the bright future of the club. Understandably things are going to change, both immediately and over time, but right now I am happy with what is ongoing at the football club. Erick is a very passionate man and I believe the club is in good hands for the long-term future. I will continue to be involved with the club on a day-to-day basis in my new role but Mr Thohir now has a key decision to make about the new manager and I'm sure we'll all follow him 100 per cent over whatever he decides."

Inter, who finished in 9th position last season, have struggled both domestically and in Europe since Jose Mourinho left the club to join Real Madrid in the summer of 2010. In that period, Inter have had 5 different managers and will look to appoint a 6th this summer following Andrea Stramaccioni's sacking. While the injection of funds into the club following Thohir's takeover has generated significant interest surrounding the post, there are now early favourites for the job as the Indonesian businessman weighs up his options. One thing, however, which will decrease the interest surrounding the job is the lack of European football. Having finished 9th last season, the club were also knocked out of the Coppa Italia in the semi-finals by eventual runners-up AS Roma meaning they don't qualify for any European competition.

Nice to see you are writing a story mate. Shame about England story, but understand your feelings. Will it be an Italian star taking over?