Reaction score
jqmekw.png

Restoring Glory to the Kop: Liverpool FC
An FM 2010 Story

----------------------------------------

2j4bi53.png

2w538lc.jpg

SHOCK AS RAFA LEAVES LIVERPOOL
'Pool fans fear for worst as Rafa departs!
(27/6/2009)

Earlier this morning, Rafael Benitez was reported to have come with a mutual agreement with American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett to step down as manager of Liverpool FC. Benitez was seen shaking hands with alot of the club officials before leaving Anfield earlier today, looking saddened at his departure, although on his way never-the-less.

It was later-confirmed by a Liverpool spokesperson that Rafa had been under alot of stress for a prolonged period of time and this made a long-withstanding heart condition, which few people knew about, worse, and therefore, he required a break and stepped down as manager.

'Rafa was sad to leave Liverpool, but it was certainly in his best interests for his health and well-being', said the spokesperson. 'There were alot of highlights in his time here at Liverpool, especially that faithful night we won the Champions League in Istanbul, and for that, Rafa were be immortalised at this club forever' we were told. However, when the spokesperson was asked about who would be replacing Benitez, he simply said 'I'm afraid I'm not in a position to talk about that at the moment, so early in the search'.

More as it comes here on Sky Sports.

2j4bi53.png

2q8zedg.jpg

SHORTLIST FOR NEXT LIVERPOOL MANAGER REVEALED
Pellegrini, Rush and Hodgson all favourites in the eyes of The Yanks
(29/6/2008)

Liverpool FC today released a shortlist of managers, who the board are believed to be chasing to take the reigns at The Reds. Below is the list of managers they are targeting:

- Manuel Pellegrini (Villarreal)
- Ian Rush (None)
- Roy Hodgson (Fulham)
- Martin O'Neil (Aston Villa)
- Marco van Basten (Ajax)

Earlier today, a Sky Sports correspondent was positioned outside Anfield to ask the fans who they wanted as the next manager. One fan said the following:

"You know, Rush is a legend like at the club but, erm...he's good but I think at this time we need somebody who's got the proven ability to manage clubs at the highest level, winning the league and Europe like, so, yeah. I'd probably go with Pellegrini or van Basten out the list though".

However, our sources have informed us that Liverpool are also looking at a potential manager in the form of a man Rafa Benitez worked with at Valencia, having put in a very good word for him before he left. Although, the name hasn't been revealed just yet.

2j4bi53.png

RAFA'S MAN VISTS ANFIELD & MELWOOD
Assistant to staff at Valencia under Rafa's reign in line to become manager?
(30/6/2008)

Many Liverpool fans were in uproar today as the man who Rafa Benitez recommended that Hicks and Gillett look at when looking for a new manager visited Liverpool's Melwood training facility to speak to the American owners of the club and the clubs captain, Steven Gerrard, before going on to Anfield to meet the rest of the Liverpool staff.

The man who visited had his name revealed later at a press conference called by Hicks and Gillett, turned out to be Raul Fernandez. The Barcelona born-and-supporting Fernandez, aged 30, was on a youth scholarship at the La Liga giants at the tender age of just 12, and looked to be on the brink of stardom at 17. However, the young attacking midfielder, who looked as though with the right tutoring and experience could fit in alongside such Barca legends as Rivaldo, Romario, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Deco, was forced to end his career prematurely when a horrific injury in training tore knee ligaments and horribly dislocated his kneecap.

Since then, Fernandez got his coaching badges, and worked as at coach Villarreal and Real Betis before becoming an assistant to Rafa Benitez and his team at Valencia. However, since Benitez left Valencia, he has not continued his job as a coach and assistant, instead opening a training school for a few years in Spain, before closing it and has recently been looking at management again.

More as it comes on the Liverpool situation here on Sky Sports.

2j4bi53.png

FERNANDEZ BECOMES NEW LIVERPOOL MANAGER!
Rafa's Recommendation gets the post of Liverpool manager!
(01/7/2010)

It was confirmed earlier today that Raul Fernandez is the new Liverpool manager, sparking outrage amongst several concerned Reds fans, who wanted "more experience" and "a proven manager of a big club".

However, it seems as though Hicks and Gillett, who have come under more criticism for appointing the Spaniard, have alot of faith in Fernandez.

As spokesman for the owners said the following:

"Mr. Hicks and Mr. Gillett have informed me that they believe Fernandez has picked up enough knowledge from working with some great clubs and managers to succeed at this club, and has alot of knowledge of other players from occasionally being asked the gather reports on other teams to be a good buyer in the market".

Will Fernandez be able to succeed at Liverpool, and improve upon the great finish that Rafa Benitez achieved last season to give Liverpool FC the success its rich history demands?
--

Last edited:
Good start I will follow oh andbythe way unluckytoday gains arsenal ;) look at my Chelsea story please called from Russia to win-a Chelsea fc story... Great start though!! Interesting to see how I'll do ;)

Good start I will follow oh andbythe way unluckytoday gains arsenal ;) look at my Chelsea story please called from Russia to win-a Chelsea fc story... Great start though!! Interesting to see how I'll do ;)

Thanks mate, but I'm not a Liverpool fan :p I just have that mentality of "when they play, I hope they win", which has probably got something to do with the fact that Michael Owen was my idol when I was younger.

Anyway, here is an update.

[FONT=&quot]----------------------------------------[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Fernandez’ Journal: Part #1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]These few days have been my first in charge, and I know I have a very difficult task ahead of me. I arrived at Anfield early in the morning on the 7th to meet with Mr. Hicks and Mr. Gillett, to discuss all the formalities. During the meeting, of course, we discussed money, and the amount available to me for transfers and wages. I must say, I did not expect much. I got £5 Million pounds to spend on players, and a £1.1 Million per week wage budget.

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
k97682.png

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]It is not a budget to compete with that of billionaire Manchester City, or rich Chelsea and the likes of Man Utd, Tottenham and Arsenal, who have debt but have enough money there to mount challenges for the Top Four and the Title.

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Then I had to attend a Press Conference the next day. I was asked many questions, a few being on transfers, which I chose not to answer because I don’t plan on letting anybody try and mess up the deal at the last minute and with the budget I have been allocated, there would be alot of talk about the players I am looking at signing. However, I made sure the fans of Liverpool all around the world new of my pleasure to take control of such a huge club like Liverpool.

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
2qxao8g.png
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
And finally, my squad for the friendly against the Liverpool Reserves at Prenton Park. Perhaps unlike other managers, I take these results into account and take them more seriously than others, because it lets me see which players are fitter and sharper than others. We’re going into this match without any position specific training and the players are fresh off holiday, so, with all due respect to the reserves, it is an easier friendly to start off our pre-season with. I am going to be keeping a close eye on Fernando Torres, because he will be a difference maker this season (like he was last season), and Glen Johnson, because he is a capable, attacking full back who is great on the overlap. And of course, Steven Gerrard, who I’m sure, will captain the team to many good moments on the pitch this season. However, I’ll definitely take into account the performances of the reserves who, if they can prove their worth, may feature during the up-coming Premier League campaign.

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
33542tf.png
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
oucorl.png
[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]----------------------------------------[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
2yxi2vd.png
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
qx9tfl.jpg
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Liverpool 5 – Liverpool Reserves 0[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Gerrard really is ‘captain marvel’ as Reds destroy the Reserves...

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]After continuously probing the final third, Liverpool play the ball forward to Torres who drops back slightly to collect the ball after losing possession, before chipping it over the defence and into the path of Benayoun who volleyed home from 6 yards out on the 9 minute mark.

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Babel cuts in from the left wing to pass the ball to Gerrard who turns his marker and slams the ball into the ball of the net from 25 yards out after finding about 2 yards of space with an absolute piledriver of a shot just before 15 minutes.

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Jamie Carragher whips the ball in as Liverpool pile into the reserves’ half, setting it up for Benayoun to smash home his second of the game with a low, powerful volley from the edge of the box after 21 minutes.

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]At around the 30 minute mark, Glen Johnson moves into the space in front of him to collect a pass from Babel, before sending a pass forward to Steven Gerrard. The Liverpool born-and-bred skipper took a great first touch with his left foot before rifling home a curving, dipping shot into the bottom corner from 30 yards out, topping his first goal and sending Liverpool 4-0 in front with 15 minutes left until half time.

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Just 6 minutes later, a Liverpool corner was cleared onto the wing, where Benayoun chased it down, with him, Johnson, Carragher and Mascherano stringing together some nice passing, the ball ending up with the Israeli winger once again, who struck a sensational shot from 30 yards out and about 3 yards from the sideline, curling the ball in the air and lobbing Reserves keeper Bouzanis, yet the keeper does give it a tiny deflection which sends it into his own net to make it 5-0 and denying Benayoun a 3rd brilliant goal and his hat trick.

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]At half time, David N’Gog was brought on for Dirk Kuyt and Andrea Dossena for Emiliano Insua.

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Later on in the game, halfway through the second half, Zsolt Poleiski was brought on for Mascherano and Albert Riera for Ryan Babel.

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]However, the 2 late changes did not bring any more goals, with Liverpool instead slowing down the game and passing the ball around, yet the Reserves keeper Bouzanis did make some good saves to keep out on or two more shots as the game came to an end, 5-0 being the final result.

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]GOALS:[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Liverpool: Benayoun (9, 22), Gerrard (14, 31), Bouzanis own goal (36)[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Liverpool Reserves: N/A

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]MAN OF THE MATCH:[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Steven Gerrard – Lead the team through the whole game, wearing his heart-on-his-sleeve with the other lads feeding off his energy and work ethic. Made some key passes, brought others into play, left the two Reserves centre backs unsettled with his through balls to Torres, Kuyt and N’Gog throughout the game and scored two brilliant goals to cap off an amazing performance.

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
dbpesy.png
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]----------------------------------------[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]I’ll do another update soon guys, probably tomorrow. This one will feature the next few of my pre-season games and information on my signings, with probably another after that before moving on to the Premier League season.[/FONT]​

Last edited:
Looking forward to it hope to c you comment on
my story :) but well done so far really detailed yet clear

always follow a liverpool story and this will be no different, maybe you should have downloaded an update after Rafa left and had Joe Cole and a more updated side? but good look to you either way :D