• Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 7K

iamauser

Staff member
Reaction score

FFF-2.png

France Appoint Remi Gaillard As Manager

France+National+Football+Team.jpg

The French FA have today announced Remi Gaillard as their new manager after ex-manager Laurent Blanc stood down. The decision comes as a surprise, but the French nations seems willing to give him a chance. Lets just hopes he put his comical antics away whilst he is managing the nation! Remi Gaillard is well known for things such as this. He also has a real passion for football though, and supports French Champions Montpellier. He also has a real playing talent too, and maybe could show the players a thing or two.

[video=youtube;BURnfFozfO4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BURnfFozfO4[/video]

Your Tweets

@N£gi - Interesting appointment. Could work out well, but could backfire

@Fr@nceb0y - Remi Gaillard?? What a joke!

@Lauriay - Come on Remi! Show us what you can do.

How will Remi do as the France manager? Come back and find out!

.29981_1398039946006_1082472194_1184444_6649020_n_1__m.jpg

Bonjour! My name is Remi Gaillard. Some of you may have heard of me, other may not. I have made my name by generally cocking about all my life. And being offered the job as France manager was no different. I wrote a letter to the FA for one of my sketches, and when they actually offered me the job, I couldnt believe it. I love football, so I couldnt resist the opportunity.

As you can probably tell, I am a huge Montpellier supporter, I even managed to get into the dressing room to join in with the celebrations, Good Times. Now though, I fancy some success for myself. Time for France to become a great footballing nation again. But dont worry, there will still be funnies along the way!​

FFF-2.png

Gaillard Announced First France Squad

Goalkeepers

HugoLloris.png
MickaelLandreau.png
StephaneRuffier.png

Lloris , Landreu, Ruffier

Defenders

PatriceEvra.png
MapouYangaMbiwa.png
MamadouSakho.png
LaurentKoscielny.png
GarryBocaly.png

GaelClichy.png
BacarySagna.png
AnthonyReveillere.png
AdliRami.png

Evra, Mbiwa, Sakho (C), Koscielny, Bocaly, Clichy, Sagna, Reveillere, Rami

Midfielders

YannMVila.png
SamirNasri.png
JeremyToulalan.png
JeremyMenez.png
HatemBenArfa.png

FranckRibery.png
FlorentMalouda.png
DimitriPayet.png

M'Vila, Nasri, Toulalan, Menez, Ben Arfa, Ribery, Malouda, Payet

Attackers

OliverGiroud.png
loicRemy.png
KarimBenzema.png

Giroud, Remy, Benzema

Remi Gaillard today announced his first squad ahead of France' friendly game against Chile. Gaillard showed his loyalty to Monpellier, and decided to call up 3 uncapped players from the team. It is thought that they will all receive their first cap againt Chile. Gaillard will be hoping from big things from striker Oliver Giroud, who he is said to have a great relationship with. It appears that Giroud will be partnering up with Karim Benzema in the attack. 22 year old Mapou Yanga Mbwia and 23 year old Garry Bocaly are also in line for their first cap.

It is also a big day for Mamadou Sakho, who has been handed the captains armband by Gaillard. At the age of 21, there is a lot of pressure on the player, but he has already showed an excellent mentality at club level, and Gaillard is confident he is ready to make the step up.

Your Tweets

@KB9 - Glad Giroud will get an opportunity, had an excellent season, well deserved call up

@Nimpourqui - Strong looking team there, excellent options in attack

@SteMan - No Steve Mandanda? #Gutted

@Manuelly - Excellent Choice in Sakho for captain. Such a mature player for his age

FFF-2.png

France Ease Past Chile

BENZEMA-FRANCE.jpg

Remi Gaillard started his management career with a 1-0 victory over Chile. Expectations were that France would win by more, but at the end of the day, Gaillard will just be happy to get a win. The only goal of the game came after 42 minutes when Franck Ribery crossed the ball in to Benzema, who couldnt miss from 3 yards out. Debutants Olivier Giroud, Mapou Yanga Mbwia and Garry Bocaly all had a steady game. Giroud came close a few times, while Mbwia made a few important interceptions. Substitute Hatem Ben Afra was unlucky not to double the lead when his stinging shot came of the post, and fortunately for Chile goalkeeper, Claudio Bravo, bounced of him, and wide of the post.

France' next match is a Euro qualifying game against Albania. Gaillard will be hoping his team can produce a better result against them.

View attachment 251318
M.O.T.M: Franck Ribery

Your Tweets

@Fr@nceb0y - Still not convinced Remi is the right man. Still has lots to prove

@Chr1slee - Always nice to get a win in your first game. Good foundation to start on

remi.jpg

Yeeeeah! First Win Woo! And to celebrate, Smoke bomb in the Chilean changing room. Take that loosers! Haha. To be fair though, it wasnt the greatest game ever, I was expecting a little better, but oh well. Next game our expectations will be higher. Bring on the Albanians!

I have also spoken to France legend Thierry Henry about coming out of retirement. He said he will contact me soon, and let me know his decision.

Olivier Giroud: Interview

olivier-giroud_325787.jpg

I am delighted to be able to welcome new France striker Olivier Giroud. Giroud made his debut yesterday against Chile, and now we are here to find out how he feels. First of all, congratulations Olivier, how pleased are you to get your first cap?

I am absolutely delighted to receive my first cap. It is such an honour. When I heard that Remi was appointed manager, I was very pleased for him as he is a good friend of mine. When he called me to tell me I was in the national squad, I was so excited, I couldnt wait.

How do you feel your game went?

It went ok I guess. I was hoping for better. But the most important thing is we won. I am happy for both myself, Remi and the rest of the lads.

Are you now expecting to add to your cap?

Yes, of course. Remi spoke to me, and said he would be one of my key players, So I will be expecting more caps yes.

Yesterdays game also saw your team mate Mapou Yanga Mbwia and Garry Bocaly get their first caps too. Did it make it easier having familiar faces around?

Yes, absolutely. Having Mapou and Garry around really did help. I am also very happy for them, and hope they get a chance to add to their caps too.

Thanks Olivier, and good luck in the future

FFF-2.png

Thierry Henry Comes Out Of International Retirement

henrytt.jpg

Thierry Henry has today announced that he will be coming out of international retirement. Remi Gaillard clearly thought he had something to add to the squad, and flew to the USA to speak to Henry in person. After considering Gaillards offer for a few days, Henry decided to accept. France now eagerly await his return. Henry already has 123 caps for France and has scored 51 goals.

[video=youtube;I26eX04EZuU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I26eX04EZuU[/video]

Your Tweets

@SteMan - Delighted to get Henry back. #Excited

@Thsupe - Thierry Henry, Henry!!

@D4x1 - Cant wait to see Henry pull the blue shirt again. Do us #Proud Thierry

Last edited:

FFF-2.png

Gaillard Names Squad for Albania and Romania Matches

Goalkeepers

HugoLloris.png
MickaelLandreau.png
SteveMandanda.png

Lloris , Landreu, Mandanda

Defenders

PatriceEvra.png
MapouYangaMbiwa.png
MamadouSakho.png
GarryBocaly.png
GaelClichy.png

BacarySagna.png
AdliRami.png

Evra, Mbiwa, Sakho (C), Bocaly, Clichy, Sagna, Rami

Midfielders

YannMVila.png
SamirNasri.png
JeremyToulalan.png
JeremyMenez.png
HatemBenArfa.png

FranckRibery.png
AlouDiarra.png
MarvinMartin.png
MathieuValbuena.png

M'Vila, Nasri, Toulalan, Menez, Ben Arfa, Ribery, Diarra, Martin, Valbuena

Attackers

OliverGiroud.png
loicRemy.png
KarimBenzema.png
ThierryHenry.png

Giroud, Remy, Benzema, Henry

Remi Gaillard today announced his squad to face Albania and Romania. The biggest addition obviously being France legend Thierry Henry. Gaillard now has a choice of who to play upfront, or whether to chance to a formation with 3 striker. The biggest omission from the squad is on-loan Newcastle striker Florent Malouda. Ruffier, Koscielny and Reveillere also missed out after being selected for the previous squad, while Payet missed out due to injury.

Your Tweets

@Pfza - Strong looking squad there. should smash albania and romania

@LaGenache - #Comeon France!! 2 easy wins coming up!

FFF-2.png

Dream Return For Henry

henry.jpg

Albania 0 - 3 France

Thierry Henry made the perfect return to his international career with 2 goals against Albania. Henry couldnt have started any better, and scored after just 28 seconds, which is the fastest goal in France' history. Ben Arfa played in a beautiful cross, and Henry tapped home. M'Vila then doubled the lead just 3 minutes later. Henry then got his second goal after 30 minutes. France looked like they would run riot against Albania, but werent able to add any more goals. Raphael Varane also got his debut, after being called up to replace the injured Adil Rami.

Your Tweets

@Miaf - Excellent result! Really enjoyable game

@SteMan - Great game, bring on Romania

@Dd2ad - HENRY! What a player!

FFF-2.png

France Frustrated In Romania

giroud1.jpg

Romania 1 - 1 France

It was a Frustrating night in a windy Romania last night for the France squad. France were largely wasteful with their efforts, and Romania took a surprise lead after 31 minutes. Lazar headed the ball home from a corner. France kept on attacking but could not find a way though, until the 93 minutes, when Olivier Giroud managed to score his first ever goal for France. After an impressive performance against Albania, Gaillard would certainly have been expecting more from his team.

Your Tweets

@DannyBoy - Woeful finishing. Must improve before out next game

@Gruns - First goal of many I feel for Giroud. Excellent player!

like this so far :) good layout, easy to read, glad you got Henry back! Maybe give Kurt Zouma and Mbaye Niang caps early on in their careers as well?

No Debuchy/Cabaye/Lass

Pierrick Cros (a little young maybe) and Cedric Carrasso are good keepers, better than Landreu..

Keep it up iamauser. No sure why im i laughing, or maybe its because of that comediean XD. Glad you brought Herny back from retirement. hope to see Niang, and a couple of some french youngsters come at some point

Thanks for the feedback.

Cabaye has been injured for most of the game unfortunatly, as has Lass

Gaillards Scouting Style Discovered

[video=youtube;b1jEZXL6sYI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1jEZXL6sYI[/video]

When managers want to scout players traditionally, they will normally go along to a game, and watch their desired player. Sometimes the will watch clips of the player with scouts to get a good judgement of the player. But this clip of Remi Gaillards... Unorthodox style of scouting has appeared on the internet today.​

FFF-2.png

Gaillard Announces Squad For Albania And Boznia Matches

Goalkeepers

HugoLloris.png
MickaelLandreau.png
SteveMandanda.png

Lloris , Landreu, Mandanda

Defenders

MamadouSakho.png
GarryBocaly.png
BacarySagna.png
AlyCissokho.png

PhilippeMexes.png
RaphaelVarne.png

Sakho (C), Bocaly, Sagna, Cissokho, Mexes, Varne

Midfielders

YannMVila.png
SamirNasri.png
JeremyToulalan.png
JeremyMenez.png
FranckRibery.png

AlouDiarra.png
MarvinMartin.png
YohanCabaye.png
RioMavuba.png
GaelKakuta.png

M'Vila, Nasri, Toulalan, Menez, Ribery, Diarra, Martin, Cabaye, Mavumba, Kakuta

Attackers

OliverGiroud.png
loicRemy.png
KarimBenzema.png
ThierryHenry.png

Giroud, Remy, Benzema, Henry

Remi Gaillard had some tough decisions to make this time around with his squad, as many were missing due to injury. Clichy, Evra, Rami, Yanga Mbwia and Ben Arfa all missed out from last time because of injuries. Perhaps the most interesting choice is just Gael Kakuta, who could win his first cap. France need to win won of their two games to guaruntee qualification into the 2012 European Cup.

Your Tweets

@Akpai - So many injuries. Hope we can cope without them

@Turma125 - Worries about our back line, but still strong up top

FFF-2.png

France Find Top Gear To Qualify For Euros

ribery_381016.jpg

France 7 - 0 Albania

France truly found top gear tonight to smash Albania 7-0. Olivier Giroud started the scoring after 19 minutes with a lovely curling finish. Henry then doubled the lead after 27 minutes before Ribery added another just a few minutes later. Young center back Raphael Varane then got his first international goal with a header from a corner. France captain Mamadou Sakho also scored his first every France goal with another header from a corner. Giroud and Henry also grabbed another goal each, but neither were able to find their hattricks.

This result guarantees that France have qualified for the Euro Cup in 2012. Expectations are now high after an excellent result, and can look forward to preparations for the summer tournament in Poland and Ukraine.

View attachment 251517

Your Tweets

@SteMan - What an incredible game!! GOALS GALORE!!

@mc19on - Superb game. players played top notch today

FFF-2.png

France Finish With A Win

art.henry.afp.gi.jpg

Thierry Henry once again added to his goal tally with 2 goals to overcome Boznia and Herzegovina. Things didnt start off to well for France, with Boznia Ibisevic opening the scoring on 18 minutes. France pushed hard to find an equaliser, and took until the second half to find one. Once again, the great Henry finished from close range, and then doubled the lead just 2 minutes later. France can now look forward to the Euro 2012 with confidence. Gaillard is so far unbeaten, and will be hoping that will continue in the tournament.

View attachment 251749

Your Tweets

@L1A1D4 - Bring on the Euros. Come on lad #Excited

@Wiggies - Looking forward to the euros. should be a good one

@Mirand - Gaillard still has a lot to prove. Not played any difficult opposition yet

Back