Resurrecting a Titan - AC Milan

Jackkflash

Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently read an article on the struggles AC Milan are encountering. Whilst they have improved this article states it is unlikely to move forward under the current philosophy employed.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/h...-gennaro-gattuso-tactical-analysis-statistics

Reading this prompted me to try and take AC Milan back to the heights they once were, here is my story.

I have thought long and hard on how to setup AC Milan, taking some insight from the article above. The article states that Higuain is not being used to his potential as he requires space, AC are deploying IFWD'S compressing the defence and reducing the space. It also stated that there is not enough support in attack from the midfield or fullbacks.

I listened a bit and decided on a 4-3-3 but very much central upfront and in midfield.

Home Away
View attachment 24554View attachment 24553

I plan to overload the defence creating havoc for any style of marking deployed. With regards to the Segundo I'm just having a play and seeing what happens!

I want high and hard pressing, harrying at every moment. Fast transitions and a more direct (not Allardyce) passing style of football. So I am going with direct tiki taka as my playing style. This should help ensure support is being provided from midfield and full backs and with three fwds we should be able to manipulate the defence for Higuain to find space and shine.

Now I am aware that AC Milan do not have a squad for this formation so drastic measures will have to be taken in order to draft the players I want/need. Plus some players I just don't like the look of.

Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it!