Chapter 4:
The end of a career

17th November 2004

"He runs down the flank, skinning two players... OOOH! What a horror tackle! It looks like his game is over"

I still remember the day clearly. The day my footballing career ended. I was playing for my local team SønderjyskE, having a great game. Finally I had gotten my chance in the first team. Many journalists called me "The new Michael Laudrup". I came running down the flank, when I saw a player run towards me. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my leg, fell to the ground. The pain was to much to bear, I blacked out.

The next thing I remember is waking up in the ambulance on my way to the hospital. I was strapped down, wearing an oxygen mask. I was about to panic. This seemed pretty bad. When we arrived at the emergency room they sedated me.

I woke up in my room, at the hospital. I was wearing a cascet around my right leg. I feared the worst. I called the nurse, I wanted to know what happened. She got the doctor and he explained what happened. I broke my leg two places, and here it comes. My footballing career was over.

That was the worst that could happen. I'd never walk out on a football pitch again. I lived for the sport. My dream of playing for Liverpool was over... Gone. Even the opposing team, including the guy who ended my career came to visit me in the hospital. I wasn't mad. Things like that can happen. It's part of the game. But why me?

My teammates came by every day, trying to cheer me up. It was nice of them, but I was depressed. I didn't have an education. I always got told by coaches, managers and players "You have a great career infront of you!"
Perhaps I did. But that's over now.

I'm luckier than most. I've gotten a second chance. Not as a player, but as a manager. And I'm really grateful for that.
However, I'd still give anything to play in front of the famous Kop just once...

Another nice update mate. Robbing Dannys flashback idea??? LOL :p
KUTGW

KUTGW

Cheers mate :)

Naah, it was just this one time to tell people how my career ended :p

KUTGW

Cheers mate :)

Naah, it was just this one time to tell people how my career ended :p

Nope, pretty sure I just mentioned how similar it was on Steam.... I mean, the injury was the same type, they both happened in the past.... Coincidence? I THINK NOT.

Jokes, KUTGW :p

Nope, pretty sure I just mentioned how similar it was on Steam.... I mean, the injury was the same type, they both happened in the past.... Coincidence? I THINK NOT :p

LOL! That is actually a real injury. I broke my leg two places. Already told you yesterday I'd draw from real life experience :p

In the past? Yeah, when should it happen. in the future!? :p

Alright, sorry about the long wait (If anyone is still following). Been busy with school-

Will have another update out tonight.

ALright, sadly I have lost all data on my computer, AND the Liverpool save in question.

HOWEVER, if people would be interested I will start a new Liverpool save, and continue where I left of in the story. So if you are interested, reply here or send me a VM in the coming days.

Thank you :)

ALright, sadly I have lost all data on my computer, AND the Liverpool save in question.

HOWEVER, if people would be interested I will start a new Liverpool save, and continue where I left of in the story. So if you are interested, reply here or send me a VM in the coming days.

Quick bump.

Continue the story mate, we need more LFC storys!

Gonna bump this a few times over the next couple of days... See if anybody else is interested.

Bumping this for a last time...

Go for it mate! Know how annoying it is when people stop commenting etc lol.

Well, I was merely checking if there would be any followers. I can't be arsed typing for 30-40 minutes, and then no one will read it. lol

I'll follow! P.s. it took me a while to read again, but it's great! you definetely need to continue writing!

Last edited: