Retrain player?

Binboy92

Reaction score
On those hints that they give you when saving/loading/continuing it said you can retrain players to play different positions- but I cant work out how to do it. Any help would be mighty appriciated. :)

Training menu > Players > Views > Position Training

Click the drop-down for 'New Position' and choose one. :)

Whats the furthest they can get in terms of training in a new position?

Can they get to like natural where its bright green or is compotent [spelling] the dark green the best they can get?

Those colours you gave are subjective, based on the skin you use, so it might confuse some people. (Mine are red, yellow, orange, green, for example).

I think you can get to Natural through re-training, but it'll take an awfully long time.

yeh i was wondering about that, once i trained a benfica player since his 17 and i quit the game when he was 23 or so .. he was a DM (and i put him training to be a CM (already acomplished "bright green") but he still was only acomplished after all thoose years of training..
is it really possible ? did anyone did it ? become natural ?

It all depends on the player all players are different

Yeah in a Newcastle save game I retrained Ever Banega to FC natural but it took 8 years.

training senior/youth click on schedule
and "new position"

The speed that they train in the new position depends on their age and versatility. Players that your scouts/coaches say are versatile train really quickly.

You can go all the way to natural but as FMBilly said, it can take ages. You only really need to get to competent anyway.

It also helps to play them in that position all the time.

its possible i think it comes down to the players hidden attribute of adaptability if its high they will go natural quickly if its low it will take a very long time if they ever get there

its possible i think it comes down to the players hidden attribute of adaptability if its high they will go natural quickly if its low it will take a very long time if they ever get there

Adaptability only really counts towards how they adapt to a new team and a new country and learn a new language.

It's more versatility that counts towards new positions.

Yeah, I never considered that, but it makes a lot of sense that Versatility controls the re-training speed.

Adaptability is definitely how well a player becomes accustomed to swapping divisions/nations.