Coupdhaha

Reaction score
So right now I've got a tasty regen who is natural at AML, and is left footed only. However since I play with inside forwards I'm planning on retraining him to AMR- but he's red right now in that position.

My question is will retraining him use up a lot of CA points?

Also, is playing IF on their opposite foot all that important or should I just try and play an inside forward on his natural foot?

I'm playing Antonio Valencia as AMR (Right footed), inside forward on my AC Milan save, and he does quite well. And he isn't even an inside forward.

I think you should give it a try, while retraining him - if you decide to do so. He might surprise you.

Last edited:
Just read a Raikan post saying that retraining a youngster (under 25) burns up a lot of CA points! I might lay off the retaining until then.

So far all of my IFs play on their opposite food or are "either footed" so I've haven't had much experience with dudes playing on the same wing as their foot.

Well, you can always give it a shot. I'm guessing it's different from player to player, but I find the IF's work quite well, despite playing on the same wing as their foot.

I play almost exclusively with inside forwards on both sides so I have run into this issue as well. I find that players still perform quite well even if you put them on the same side as their foot (ie. left footed player as an AML inside forward). Obviously it's not ideal, but if you really want to play this guy and he's red on the side you want him on, just play him on his natural side and it will be fine.

The thing is that when they cut inside with the ball, they are not frequently closed down hard, so dribbling with the foot closer to the defense isn't actually that detrimental. Meanwhile, I find that players rarely actually make shots when they cut inside, so again, having the wrong foot for this isn't that big of a deal. And despite being an inside forward, sometimes they will go down the sideline and whip in a cross. In this case, your player will be better at that.

Last edited:
Retrained Aston Villa's Delph to AMR as Inside forward.
Was insane. He was actually a MC, but hes fast, can cross, dribble and finish. And left footed.
Just retrain him :)