Retraining position ability vanishes

IggyGoal

Reaction score
Is it a bug that whenever a player is trained from accomplished to natural in a position, he will fall to accomplished when your turn off the "position training"???

To me it doesn't make much sense to use it if he is ought to be training and wasting time on training this position the next 10 seasons when he could have had received actual skill training.

think of it this way...if you were a car mechanic and you learnt how to fix a car. after u have learnt you go about fixing cars for 5 years but dont recieve any further training, do you think that mechanic will be able to their job as affectively as someone who received regular training throughout that time?

Uhm yes. If the person works as a mechanic for the next 5 years. He no longer needs to tutored to do it. It's not natural for him.

So the same thing here. IF a player is tutored to play AMC and reaches natural. If you keep playing him in this position while he feels natural at it, it makes no sense that he still has to practice this position during training. After all he plays it in match and the word natural kind of indicates that it is no longer necessary to focus on it. You shouldn't have to practice something that is natural to you anymore. Then all the players positions in FM should decrease slightly all the time if this is the logic we're using.

I agree with the view that once a player reaches natural in a new postion then he shouldnt have to train in that position all the time, it doesnt make much sense because you dont have to train players to play in the natural positions they already have, they just stay at natural in that position so why should it be different for them with positions we want the player to play? hopefully this will be changed in FM 2012

All that needs to be changed is the word 'natural' for those players. Like you I think 'natural' implies that it's their natural position, that they don't need training, which clearly isn't the case with these players because they needed training to reach that state.

I think players that needed training in that position should be called 'Expert' once they reach bright-green status. Obviously they would have the same stats as a 'Natural', just a different name.

The requirement to keep training should definitely stay - playing for 90 minutes a week isn't enough practice for anything in sport - but the time it takes up should be reduced once the player has reached bright-green if it isn't already.

Aside from that it shouldn't be 'natural' in the first place, I've seen a lot of regressing to 'competent', therefore losing a main position for a player, (often the one I bought the player for), but its no biggie to keep him there as a competent and wait a short while to retrain him, and it makes sense, my foreign language skills have regressed to almost nothing, ditto to an awful lot of stuff I learned even a few years ago so it seems right to me that you gradually lose something you're not learning or doing actively.