andybond

Reaction score
I have a few questions regarding retraining position.....
1. What are the factors affecting the time taken to retrain?
2. What is the highest level of positional ability that can be attained by training?(can natural be reached or is accomplished the max)

1. Adaptability and other mental stats that are hidden play an important part. Younger players will pick up new positions easier. A player that can play multiple positions is probably more likely to successfully learn a new one.

2. Accomplished.

1. Adaptability and other mental stats that are hidden play an important part. Younger players will pick up new positions easier. A player that can play multiple positions is probably more likely to successfully learn a new one.

2. Accomplished.

I *think* you can actually get them to "Natural"

In previous games people got Ronaldo to a natural striker if i remember rightly

You can get them to 'natural', but you have to play them in this position, and they have to play well.

mixed reaction here
so what is the final word???
I can get them to natural??

you can get them till natural but you have to play them in that postion for about 18 months

i think there is a hidden attribute called versatility.. higher of that attributes, player is likely to have more different position in the field.

i think u only can train him too accomplished, but if u wan him to be natural, u had to play him in the new position very frequently.. after years.. he will become natural for that position

I had a regen come through my youth team in Brisbane...

He was a natural DM, with accomplished CB, CM. I decided to go one step more, and make him a capable AMC too...and he's become a natural. Didn't expect it, because I've never had someone become natural in a trained position before...but hey, he learnt a brand new position, and now he's the best in the team there.

1) yes players can become natural in any position over time... (versatility plays a part in this, hidden stat)
you have to train them in a certain role and have them play in that role as much as possible...

2) do not retrain players under the age of 23 into new positions (this will use up alot of their CA and PA points) rather let them train properly so that all their CA and PA points are distributed to their Technical/Mental/Physical stats!

1) yes players can become natural in any position over time... (versatility plays a part in this, hidden stat)
you have to train them in a certain role and have them play in that role as much as possible...

2) do not retrain players under the age of 23 into new positions (this will use up alot of their CA and PA points) rather let them train properly so that all their CA and PA points are distributed to their Technical/Mental/Physical stats!

wow thats really useful i never knew that. what about if a player has natural ability in centre midfield, but only accomplished in defensive mid and you try to retrain him to defensive mid to increase his ability there (to natural) - will that reduce his PA/CA much?

how did you find this out raikan?

how did you find this out raikan?
I am a genius... nah I am kidding... :p

the more accomplished the player is at the new position you want to train him in to become Natural in, the less CA and PA points it will take ... ;)

Oh well, clearly I screwed over the player I made into a AMC...I started him when he was 16, when I first got him.

In fairness, he's not a bad player...he's only 20 or so, with 10 caps for Australia (still playing in the A-League)

thanks for your reply...
I will look to retrain player rather than go for a buy