Chriller95

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just bought this amazing 19-year old Mexican winger (regen) - couldn't pass up on it. However, my winger positions are packed. So I was thinking of converting him to a DR or WBR - however, at the moment he is ineffective, meaning no knowledge, in the position. So any idea how long it would take for him, to be able to play there effectively? Is it worth it?

Any other cases where you have retrained a players position? :)

Im not sure exactly how long it takes but I know the process is sped up if he plays games in the new position aswell.

In terms of if its worth it, it would depend on the players stats. Even if he will be a very attacking FB/WB he will still need decent tackling and marking. Also check his ppm's to make sure there nothing there that would be detrimental for a defender.

Another option would possibly be to sell one of your older wingers to make room for this youngster.

The only retraining I've really done is AMC or Wingers to Strikers sometimes, or the odd CB to FB.

View attachment 244431
Just £22M!

- The only problems, as I see it, is his tackling and the fact that he can't play at WBR or DR at all. His marking is a whopping 14, as an AMR!

Last edited:
I say get him started on it, sooner the better. Have him work on his tackling in training. The only other issue may be his positioning but that will come in time. He could be devastating on the over-lap!

I say get him started on it, sooner the better. Have him work on his tackling in training. The only other issue may be his positioning but that will come in time. He could be devastating on the over-lap!
Her certainly could be! I'm just worried that it will take more than a whole season, in which his stats development would be hindered..

Her certainly could be! I'm just worried that it will take more than a whole season, in which his stats development would be hindered..

Yeah possibly but what's the alternative? How far down the list of wingers would he be? Might as well make use of him?

Yeah possibly but what's the alternative? How far down the list of wingers would he be? Might as well make use of him?
I guess the alternative would be not bothering retraining him, and using him as a backup winger for (Iturbe), who is tearing things up in the PL..

If I'm not mistaken, how fast he'll learn a new position (or at all) will depend on his Versatility. Check the coach report for possible clues.