arussell2701

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am not sure if an of you guys and gyals follow the Football Manager subreddit but at the beginning of FM i declared overthere i was going to create a retro database replicating the 09/10 season.

I have been working hard at this pretty much since the release of fm and have been pretty happy with my reulst so far, the task at hand for me so far at least is to complete the top 5 leagues and major european teams from that season , so sadly any 2nd division fans of clubs or smaller clubs in off leagues like Portugal or Holland will miss out.

At the moment I have completed all the players from La Liga and Bundesliga and I am making my way through the Prem as we speak totalling at the moment just under 500,000 database changes. As I do have a full time job sadly this does get in the way of editing at times and due to this it is taking a while to get through the leagues but I am hopping to drum up a bit of excitement over for the eventual release (sadly no release date as of yet).

So here is a few screenshots of the database so far:
20220302210033_1.jpg20220302210059_1.jpg20220302210120_1.jpg20220302210131_1.jpg20220302210137_1.jpg20220302210142_1.jpg20220302210208_1.jpg20220302210212_1.jpg20220302210221_1.jpg20220302210226_1.jpg20220302210231_1.jpg20220302210259_1.jpg20220302210304_1.jpg20220302210322_1.jpg20220302210333_1.jpg20220302210349_1.jpg20220302210403_1.jpg

I would love to be able to work with some of you guys to get this polished, a couple things I am not 100% is things such as potentially removing the Conference League, players wages and values as you can see by the screenshots they are mad and potential facepacks and other such add ons.

As someone who's done similar in past FMs I know just how much of a task this is. Unfortunately, there ain't enough hours in the day for me to help, and to be honest, haven't done anything like that in 10 years. But I'll make sure to follow your progress.

As someone who's done similar in past FMs I know just how much of a task this is. Unfortunately, there ain't enough hours in the day for me to help, and to be honest, haven't done anything like that in 10 years. But I'll make sure to follow your progress.

Thanks I know, I did one a few years back but nowhere near this extensive, but I was inspired by themadfmscientist's databases. I can't wait to get it finished and released.

Thanks for the support

Hi there, first off a MASSIVE well done for getting this 09/10 database started!!!! I used to do fm databases back in the day when I had time. The best advice that I can give to you is don't give up as it will be worth it in the end! I may be able to give you a suggestion to solve your issues and get you some help....

themadscientistfm is such a great guy who if you contact helps straight away as he has done with me when I have messaged him privately on his facebook. He has just finished the 92/93 season database and i'm sure that if you contacted him then he would be more then happy to help you with this database (fingers crossed) as he is a MASTER at making the best databases as we all know. I know that he could guide you with issues such as players wages and values etc.... Plus I think he was looking at doing a 09/10 database soon so this would be a perfect match but again i'm not talking on his behalf.

You have nothing to loose in contacting him and seeing what he says.

Good luck and again don't give up!

Hi there, first off a MASSIVE well done for getting this 09/10 database started!!!! I used to do fm databases back in the day when I had time. The best advice that I can give to you is don't give up as it will be worth it in the end! I may be able to give you a suggestion to solve your issues and get you some help....

themadscientistfm is such a great guy who if you contact helps straight away as he has done with me when I have messaged him privately on his facebook. He has just finished the 92/93 season database and i'm sure that if you contacted him then he would be more then happy to help you with this database (fingers crossed) as he is a MASTER at making the best databases as we all know. I know that he could guide you with issues such as players wages and values etc.... Plus I think he was looking at doing a 09/10 database soon so this would be a perfect match but again i'm not talking on his behalf.

You have nothing to loose in contacting him and seeing what he says.

Good luck and again don't give up!

Thanks for the support, im getting through it slowly but surely. I've got a lot of time off work soon so should be able to get through a large chunk soon.

I have spoken to themadscientistfm before, when I have a few issues with the editor, he is really helpful so I might give him a quick dm with what you said.

Please do as you have nothing to loose and it benefits everyone to be able to play your 09/10 season database which will be EPIC!!!! Please could you keep me updated on your progress?

Don’t give up and well done for getting this far.

Wonderful ! Live this Idea, and I'm a huge fan of this Era of football. I got a question : will this database be usable in FM 2020, or is it impossible ?

Wonderful ! Live this Idea, and I'm a huge fan of this Era of football. I got a question : will this database be usable in FM 2020, or is it impossible ?
Dont see any reason it wont. However it probably would need some testing first.

Looking forward to this, any idea when it will be available to download?