Fenech

Reaction score
RETURN OF DOOM by FM Databases - (FENECH)
Twitch Channel

Twitter

DOOM - The Main Tactic

DOOM10 - If you go down to 10 men. (sacrifice the regista)

Steam Link - Subscribe on Steam

We see the return of the tactic which got 5 stars from the Sports Interactive FM Community back in 2014. The tactic born in here based on a Liverpool team in 2014 and a Liverpool board demanding possession football and attacking football all at the same time. Frustrated with tactics that were either too attacking or kept possession of the ball but didn't do very much with that possession. Well some things never change, and FM20 seems to deliver either high possession and low numbers of shots/chances or low possession and high numbers of shots and chance. But anyone who has played with DOOM in the past will remember high levels of possession and high numbers of chances and a tactic that is so easy on the eye that it will deliver stunning goals and most importantly players deciding that they love the teams style of play.

There are no limits, only levels and you must move beyond them. So it is with great pleasure that I introduce to you, the return of DOOM. Better than ever and yes it wins lower leagues as well as the higher leagues too. Hugely popular in 2014, 2016 and 2018 and now in 2020, delivered free to the community to enjoy and if this helps just one person to enjoy the game more than it will have been worth it. My name is Tony and I create great content for FM. This year alone I developed a tactical testing exclusive database for FM BASE delivered to their precise specifications, I also created a World Super League which has been given great reviews on here and on steam where it has over 500 subscribers playing it. I also created the original ultimate legends database which I released in 2014, 2016 and 2018. Nowadays you will find me streaming FM most evenings on Twitch.

So anyone who knows the work I do, knows one thing. It has to be quality or it doesn't get released. And you don't release any tactic unless you can back it up with results. And because this is Doom, it has to tick a lot of different boxes. Here we go!

* Play Attacking Football
:thup:

* Play Possession Football

* Wins lower leagues

* Backed up by Results with screenshots

* Pleases the players and the board

* Wins you millions in the lottery
:herman:

This game is amazing and head and shoulders above any competition. It is a true leader in its field and that is all down to the tireless work of Miles Jacobson and the whole team at Sports Interactive. They all do a fantastic job and that is why the game continues to be at the very top of the pile in football management. Every year the game improves and this year is no different. So on the chance that you are new to FM and wondering whether to buy the game, my advice is that it is worth every single penny.

So now, lets get down to business, and lets go over the tactic. The return of DOOM in 2020 has arrived.

1587206286173.png

So to be clear DOOM is a Possession Tactic with a very attacking intent but in its core it is Possession and therefore the mentality is Control
Here are following key points with this mentality:

Believe we are the stronger team:
:brock:

Wary of the opponents counter attack:

Move the ball around the park:

Patiently probe the final third:

Find space as and when it opens up:

Wing Backs overlap:

Midfielders break ahead of the forwards only in relatively risk free situations:

Sit back and help the midfield maintain possession until chances open up:

Wins the league with Accrington Stanley:
:idiot:
(who are they?)
:eek:

Football is a simple game. You have a ball and the aim of the game it stick that ball into the net. I want to frighten the opposition by attacking the **** out of them and putting the ball into the goal whilst maintaining a high level of possession. This is what DOOM delivers. To combat this I have chosen a Fluid Philosophy. This is very important because we want to play the beautiful game too.
I want the players to play free flowing football and absolutely I want the creative players to shine.
I want to go into player roles and why I have chosen them.

Sweeper Keeper: Support Duty
My Sweeper goalkeeper will focus on simple and risk free use of the ball which is vital for a keeper; you don’t want your keeper taking too many risks. As Brian Clough would say, the keepers’ job is simple, stop the ball from going into the back of the net!

Wing Backs: Support Duty
Remember I said the way I am doing this, is by creating a Possession Tactic that is attacking, one of the ways I am hoping to achieve this is by making the player roles more supportive
Plays outside with no wing support:
Fulfil attacking and defensive duties of winger and full backs
:
Run at his man and put in aggressive crosses:
In Midfield to win the Possession Battle:
In Defence to close down opponents, block crosses and win back the ball when possible

Central Defender:
Defend Duty
Possess the technique and composure in aggressive tactics (which this is) to help the team maintain possession and lay off simple passes to more creative players. This is perfect for a team which wants to play possession football.

Ball Playing Defender: Defend Duty
The reason I have chosen a ball playing defender in this position is because the ball playing defender thinks a lot about attacking passes, so he does everything a central defender does but also he will be encouraged to make a searching attacking ball / through ball up field if he has the vision to see it through.

Regista: Support Duty

In Liverpool where Kenny is King
When the red fans sing here's what they say
When you don't walk alone because he's running the show
That's Regista
When the players seem to shine like Baggio in his prime
That's Regista

Pep will play the tiki-taka-way, tiki-taka-way
Like a Guardiola Barcelona
When the ball skills make you drool like Busquets used to do
That's Regista

When you dance down the pitch with the ball at your feet
And you lift up the crowd with that pass into space
Your running the show like Andrea Pirlo

Exuse me, but you see, back in old Napoli
That's Regista
When you have the freedom from deep to dictate the field
That's Regista
That's Regista
When your putting your players into goal-scoring spaces
That's Regista
That's Regista
Pep will play the tiki-taka-way, tiki-taka-way
Like a Guardiola Barcelona
When the ball skills make you drool like Busquets used to do
That's Regista

When you dance down the pitch with the ball at your feet
And you lift up the crowd with that pass into space
Your running the show like Andrea Pirlo

Exuse me, but you see, back in old Napoli
That's Regista

When you have the freedom from deep to dictate the field
That's Regista
That's Regista

When your putting your players into goal-scoring spaces
That's Regista
That's Regista

The Regista is aggressive which is what you want in an aggression tactic. Suitable for possession orientated systems which press high up the pitch. (This is exactly what this tactic is all about)
Given complete freedom to dictate from deep positions which is perfect because he is in a deep position, the Regista offers a dynamic and unpredictable creative outlet from behind the attack.
The Regista seeks to maintain intense pressure (which is perfect in a tactic which attacks) by constantly looking for new chances as his more advanced teammates get into goal scoring positions.

Last edited:
Box to Box Midfielder: Support Duty
This dynamic player will contribute to both defence and attack.
In attack, he pushes up to support the forwards, often surging late into the box to get on the end of crosses and pullbacks as well as providing a threat from distance.
In defence, he harries attacking midfielder and help protect the defensive line.

Mezzalla: Support Duty
This player is central but he drifts wide and operates in the 'half spaces'. He is a central half winger who defends further up the field. Crucially the support duty will mean he will take care of the 'traditional' midfield work and only contribute in the attacking third when he knows he is going to be effective.

False Nine: Support Duty
The reason I have chosen the false nine will become very clear. I don’t usually opt for False Nines in a tactic but this player really suits what I am trying to create here. Firstly it is a more advanced attacking midfielder/playmaker role, which is great because I want the player to be more advanced as it is in the attack position. It is a lone striker role and I am playing with a Lone Striker. I really like that this player is prepared to drop deeper into midfield because let’s face it, you don’t want a lone striker just waiting for someone to pass it to you, you want a striker who is going to go into the midfield and get the ball themselves, this reminds me of when Ian Rush was transferred to Juventus and had a horrid time scoring goals after being so prolific with Liverpool, the reason given was that he stayed in attack and wasn’t getting the right service, he didn’t go into midfield to get the ball himself.

The purpose of this is that it creates a massive problem for opposing central defenders in that they either follow him, leaving space behind them for onrushing midfielders, forwards or wingers to exploit.

This is exactly what I am hoping for, the central defenders will mark or follow my striker into midfield leaving open goals and clear cut chances for my onrushing midfield or inside forwards to exploit to devastating effect.

Alternatively they don’t do this, they then leave him the time and space he needs to dribble at the opposition or pick out a pass which is fine as well because this falls in line with attacking play, and also the pass will help to maintain the possession aspect of the tactic.

Inside Forwards: Attack Duties
The inside forward is going exploit the spaces left by the central defenders when they follow my false nine. They are going to run directly at the opposition which is great because as you know I want to frighten the life out of the opposition. Their movement will open up the spaces for my overlapping wing backs, as well as overloading a retreating defence.
The test was conducted with Aldershot with all matches being played out in full live on Stream. I decided on Aldershot because they are not a fancied team and it represents a true test. I want to make the point that these seasons were very challenging, not only did my players get injured, suspended etc throughout the season but we struggled some seasons to even get a full team out and in the division one i was forced to rely on 9 loans to make up a team, in each of these seasons we were predicted to finish between 16th and 24th.

I usually have no problems picking a team but this team has given me more selection problems because of the amount of times I had to shuffle to pack in order to fit the team around important injuries, international duties and suspension, with very little to no money available to spend and having to rely on either loans or free transfers. The other teams in the division had better teams and much more resources.

If you have taken the time to read this post. Thank You so much. I really appreciate the support of the best community and I hope you enjoy this tactic as much as I have. Remember to get the right players for the roles. Never be happy unless your winning. We only sing when were winning, don't be afraid to dish out the famous Fergie hair dryer, never succumb to player power. Any team can win when everything goes their way but it is the team that can overcome adversity that is the true champion, remember that a team is at its most dangerous when it is cornered. remember your philosophy, and when things are darkest, Never Panic! Never Shout, Never waver and above all else, Never let a bad run get you down! Any Questions are warmly welcomed..

1587209090814.png

1587209105697.png

1587209116631.png

1587209125164.png

1587209148764.png

Attachments

• 1587209138002.png
    1587209138002.png
    179.9 KB · Views: 91
Well whoever is your best corner taker pal... with corners its always best to ensure the strong foot is on the opposite side to the side the corner is being taken from. bare in mind, corners are short to the aml or amr, so not those positions. or else long corners will be taken, good goals scored either way pal

Well whoever is your best corner taker pal... with corners its always best to ensure the strong foot is on the opposite side to the side the corner is being taken from. bare in mind, corners are short to the aml or amr, so not those positions. or else long corners will be taken, good goals scored either way pal
i would like to see a screenshots of how many goals a striker scores in a season