ady911

Reaction score
After the success i had with "The return of the king" tactic in 2013 thought i would try and create something similar for FM2014.

I started with Sheffield United in league 1 and finished in 2nd place winning promotion with 98 points and 106 goals, defence was a bit leaky but i have tried to make this better as the season went along.
On to season 2 in the championship finished in 1st place with relative ease except a small hiccup towards the end of the season due to suspensions, tiredness etc.

It is basically a 4-1-3-2 formation.

Training - Pre season i use fitness on high, then as soon as 1st game starts i switch to def set pieces, then alternate between that and def positioning but this is just my preference.
Match Pre - leave to *** manager
OI - never use them
Pitch size - standard, but i i haven't tried any other!

A bit about the players i have been using.....

GK - G Long, was at the club and only 20 years old, stats not great but has done really well for me. with great potential according to my assistant. Now replaced for the premiership!

DR/DL - strong fullbacks here not too attack minded, think ivanovic rather than glen johnson

CD's - both pall playing so decent passing, composure, pace is a big help with the LCD as he is covering i have Maguire at RCD and Rugani at LCD both have been really good. I have changed the RCD to central defender now and it seems to be a little better in coping with premiership strikers!

DM - I have struggled to get anyone really good here so just using free transfers with good work rate, teamwork, strength and tackling.

CM - will get a few goals i have mainly been using Cuvelier (already at the club) here and has done pretty well, just bought Davis from wolves to help out.

RM/LM - RM seems to work better with a defensive winger and LM a bit more pacey with flair and attacking insticts but saying that Gustavo at 33 does really well with the goals and assists from RM!

F9 - Strong, heading, flair, passing, creativity, will get shed load of assists but also weigh in will plenty of goals Bosnjak (Free transfer) at 34 got 28 goals in L1. Now using Guidetti in PL and hes has 10 goals in 14 games!

CF - Patino has been a sensation for me at a cost of nothing! and seems to be getting better all the time, finishing, off the ball, composure, pace, acceleration are a must. Now mainly using Macheda here and he has 8 goals in 12 games in PL

Also teamtalks i praise as much as i can even in defeat seems to keep morale up which the everyone plays much better!

Hope this helps, if anyone has anything to ask please feel free

I have put the link below if people fancy trying it and giving me some feed back.

Few screen shots of my progress etc

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7f...ng_2014_v1.tac

a quick screenshot in case anyone has doubts about the tactic, should have won the game easily if it wasn't for Guidetti missing about 3 clear cut chances!

1st season over in the bpl, 5th place ain't bad a couple of additions in the team and hopefully we can push on next season