Return of the magician...JUNINHO for the 4th time!

kurtus69

Reaction score
This is my first ever story so bare with me! Im a Man City fan but fancied a challenge with Boro so here goes...............

MIDDLESBROUGH F.C

View attachment 242683

Middlesbrough manager Tony Mowbray has left the club to take over the vacant West Brom job following Roy Hodgson's appointment as England manager.

View attachment 242695
The press spoke to him as he left the clubs training ground this morning and he said 'Its been a hard decision but I have unfinished business at WBA and it was an offer I couldn't refuse'.

There are 3 strong candidates to replace Mowbray are;

Gareth Southgate

Paolo Di Canio

Lee Clark

Last edited:
View attachment 242690
BREAKING NEWS!!

MIDDLESBROUGH F.C

View attachment 242689

ANNOUNCE JUNINHO AS NEW MANAGER

View attachment 242688

Juninho Paulista has been named as the new manager of Middlesbrough FC

'I am happy to be back here, I love this club and have always wished to return since I left. I will be hoping to bring in some new additions to the squad, I am yet to site down and speak with the chairman regarding targets but it looks like I will have to sell before I can spend'

TRANSFERS IN:

Stuart Parnaby - Free
Geremi - Free
Emmanuel Frimpong - Arsenal - Loan
Mauricio Molina - Seoul - £950,000
Darwin Quintero - Santos Laguna - £1.6m
Josmar Zambrano - Tenerife - £100,00
Nathan Delfouneso - Aston Villa - Loan

Total Spent: £2.7m

TRANSFERS OUT:

Julio Arca - Reading - Loan £425,000
Justin Hoyte - Southampton - £1.1m
Merouane Zemmama - Southampton - £1.3m
Marvin Emnes - Portsmouth - Loan £250,000

Total Received: £3.1m

Last edited:
View attachment 242692

Sky Sports News speaks to Juninho regarding his new additions to the club and his thoughts ahead of the new season.

View attachment 242693

Juninho's statement;

I am very happy with my new recruits, we have brought back two old boys Geremi and Stuart Parnaby. These are two guys that know the club well and I believe they can be great additions.
Two players I have brought in that a lot of you may not of heard of; Darwin Quintero is a Colombian International striker who can make an instant imapct along with our new playmaker Mauricio Molina, he is another Colombian International who arrives from Seoul in South Korea.

View attachment 242699Molina View attachment 242700 Quintero
I am excited ahead of the new season, looking through the press this morning they have predicted for us to finish mid-table. I am hoping we can push for a place in the play offs and play some exciting football so the fans get their value for money. I want to bring the glory days back to the club!!

View attachment 242694

Last edited:
DateTimeOppositionTVVenueResultGoal Scorers
Thu, 7.7.201119:45Middlesbrough ReservesH1 - 1Scott McDonald.
Sat, 9.7.201115:00KilmarnockA5 - 0Luke Williams, Lukas Jutkiewicz, Scott McDonald(2), Brian McBain o.g.
Wed, 13.7.201120:45AjaxA1 - 4Lukas Jutkiewicz.
Mon, 18.7.201119:30ClydeA5 - 0Jonathan Franks(3), Malaury Martin, Kevin Thomson.
Fri, 22.7.201119:30RangersA1 - 2Marvin Emnes.
Wed, 27.7.201119:45PrestonA2 - 0Lukas Jutkiewicz, Adam Hammill.
Pre-Season Friendlies

August Update

View attachment 242707

Championship
BORO 0 - 0 WATFORD

Carling Cup
BORO 3 - 1 HARTLEPOOL
Frimpong, Bates, L Williams

Championship
READING 1 - 1 BORO
Quintero

Championship
BORO 2 - 0 HULL
Quintero 2

Championship
BURNLEY 2 - 1 BORO
Quintero

Carling Cup
BORO 5 - 0 CHESTERFIELD
McDonald, Haroun 2, Bates, Hines

Championship
BORO 1 - 0 BRIGHTON
Quintero

BORO PLAYER OF MONTH:
Darwin Quintero

Not a bad start to the season, the only downfall was the defeat at Burnley as they scored in the 91st minute.

Last edited:
Could AJ been returning to 'Boro
View attachment 243469

As the transfer market comes to an end, talk on the terraces is that former 'Boro favourite Adam Johnson is contemplating a return to the North East. Man City manager Roberto Mancini confirmed later this morning that Johnson was available for transfer and that the club had received an offer from 'Boro.

'Boro boss Juninho confirmed the club had made a bid for Johnson but refused to be drawn on whether is was a permanent of loan bid.

September Update

Championship

IPSWICH 0 - 3 BORO
Quintero 2, Bates

Championship
BORO 1 - 0 PETERBOROUGH
McManus

Championship
BORO 2 - 0 NOTTS FOREST
McDonald, Robson

Championship
LEICESTER
0 - 3 BORO
Quintero 2, Haroun

Championship
BORO 4 - 0 MILLWALL
Quintero 3, Haroun

BORO PLAYER OF MONTH:
Darwin Quintero

Some very very good signings there and you have used your money wisely. I think you will be disappointed if you don't finish first with that team, Quintero is very capable in the premiership so can see him tearing up the championship.

Will post some screenies when I get a chance but heres my current starting XI;

Steele

Parnaby Bates McManus Bennett

Frimpong

Geremi Haroun

Robson Molina
Quintero